Active Bethelites, former Bethelites, is it true that brothers are not allowed to have their head fully shaved?

by La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!! 38 Replies latest jw friends

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!

I just heard this directly from a Circuit heavyweight I had the displeasure of conversing with recently. He and I got into a little bit of a heated conversation about following the direction of the Slave as related to education, and he used the example of Bethelites being prohibited from having fully shaved heads. He was taken aback when I expressed how utterly ridiculous such a policy was/is. To tell you the truth, I don't really like this guy and I have a feeling he's going to be a thorn in my side in the near future, but time will tell. That being said, I'm not entirely convinced he was being truthful with me and he brought that up simply as a lame illustration to support blind obedience to the WT even when it's not remotely scriptural. I don't really trust this guy, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was embellishing a bit on the so called shaved head policy.

Is it true?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Interesting question.... When i was there i was lectured and frowned upon heavily for a mustche, no scriptural support of course, but having a full head of hair i wasnt subject to discussions on going bald. I wonder the answer myself....

• blondie
    blondie

No head shaving according to my ex-elder hubbie. Some brothers cut it pretty close though. Even if you are bald, some hair must remain unless all your hair has fallen out or you have had cancer treatment.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

kiss my ass

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Yes I think I remember that as being a rule. Some of my black friends hated it because they liked the clean shaven look and they got talked to when they did it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Now you talkin' Iamallcool

And they can suck the gas passed out of it too

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

I feel sorry for the poor guys with the big bald spot and the hair on the sides, wearing your hair like that makes you look much older...

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    No head shaving according to my ex-elder hubbie. Some brothers cut it pretty close though. Even if you are bald, some hair must remain unless all your hair has fallen out or you have had cancer treatment.
    Yes I think I remember that as being a rule. Some of my black friends hated it because they liked the clean shaven look and they got talked to when they did it.

Ridiculous. What's the reasoning behind this? Is there some obscure scripture I'm missing on this one? I swear they just randomly make retard crap up just to mess with people. Is this the sort of crap that they discuss on their Wednesday meetings? Just make up arbitrary and random rule without an ounce of common sense?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

But comb overs are still allowed!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Good afternoon george,

what would be a nice polite way to convey your dismay

See, ole Wuz can be articulate and polite too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit