Active Bethelites, former Bethelites, is it true that brothers are not allowed to have their head fully shaved?

by La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!! 38 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    j_w that makes me sick

Indeed, and what makes it worse is that I happen to know that it was some elders wives who put them up to it. They were jealous - she was very pretty.

James, did she hang around the religion much longer after that incident? It's hilarious but sad at the same time. I'm pretty bad when it comes to wigs and toupees myself.

Yes, amazingly she accepted their apology and kept coming for a while. She died of the illness about six months after that. We later learned that she knew she was terminal and just wanted to come to the hall to make herself feel better about religion before she passed away.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

James, PM me. I would love to see if I can remember that person, if you remember her name.

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    Indeed, and what makes it worse is that I happen to know that it was some elders wives who put them up to it. They were jealous - she was very pretty.

So typical, so very typical.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    James, PM me. I would love to see if I can remember that person, if you remember her name.

I will try to remember the name - remember, this was in about 1968 or 1969 and I can't think of her first name right now.

But yes, Oak Glen Congregation in Oklahoma City. This lady and her husband lived in Yukon.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Before my time, then. I was at a different hall those years.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I knew a brother who was serving as an elder. He shaved his head as he was losing his hair. The other elders hauled him into the back, and asked if he was subscribing to some African culteral fad. This was about the time he started to fade and eventually step down

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Yes quite a few years ago guys in the UK who shaved their heads and wore boots and braces were called Bovver Boys pronounced in a London accent and were frequently causing a lot of bother hence the name .

I suppose the Society didn't want people going from door to door looking like Bovver Boys even if the Witnesses did cause a bit of bovver.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They go against whatever is the trend. Crewcuts seem to be the trend recently, so the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is coming down on them lately. And fully shaved heads are often used as symbols of Satanism, and the Washtowel has zero tolerance for anything that could actually help people like Satan wants to.

I can remember the washtowel coming out against long hair back in the 1960s and 1970s. When I was going in during the late 1980s, they were still harping on it, and they had snippets of rags going back to the Hippie movement. Long hair in men was the "in" thing back then, so they wanted to do away with it. And now that shaven heads and crewcuts are the "in" thing, they are going against that. These days, the standard is for men's hair to be cut between 5 and 8 cm long. I wonder what they will do if the 5-6 cm haircut ever becomes the standard "in" thing--and either too short or too long is "out".

• Scott77
    Scott77

Noone in these images above can be a Bethelite, according to the order of the Faithful and Discred slave.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

In answer to the OP, yes it is true.

I am unaware of a scriptural basis. But when I was at Bethel, I was talked to informally about my haircut being too low, shy of being bald.

I also know of a brother personally, who was at Bethel when I was, that was counseled about this. He was a black brother. He would give himself a haircut rather than go to the Bethel barbershop. He shaved it off several times until he was talked to. And he personally told me he was counseled.

I found it strange at the time, but it wasn't enough to make me question the "slave".

CoC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit