Watchtower's New "Toy Story" - What Parents Need To Know

by cedars 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

You know who we need to tell about his?

Stephen Colbert.

Wouldn't that be awesome?

Everyone should send the video clip to his 'people' or his site or whatever. I would die happy if I saw him rip on this on his show...

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Really? They'd have to start with almost everything in the world of advertising. Not to mention the control exerted by conglomerates who control several forms of media at once.

The catch 22 is indeed a pickle, but something's got to give at this point, imo.

I don't know what the deal is that good JWs would even be allowed to watch LOTR in the first place. Maybe times changed.

The only time I'd have been able to see anything like that would be if my parents didn't know what was in it. But typically word spread pretty quickly about movies.

She was basically living a double life. Most of her JW friends would not approve of the LOTR movies and she was constantly put in this socially precarious position. She finally just gave in one day and decided to fold to pressure. As I look back it was quite a horrifying experience for me even as an onlooker. I really looked up to her and considered her a strong person. Their was disillusion for me and also strong pain in watching this person I loved continue to "give in" year after year every time life played her a card. There was no way in hell I was going to give up my LOTR, but here is someone I looked up to spiritually forsaking them in the name of peer pressure. Then we'll have a meeting the next day about peer pressure in schools to go have fun at a dance. The hypocrisy is enough to make my head spin several times over. I don't know whether or not to laugh or cry.

They are training you to throw out whatever they tell you to throw out

Precisely, you just need a kernal of logic to retrieve an act of loyalty. With my cousin she was a fan of the books long before the movies came out. But when it was put on screen her conscience was somehow effected more. It's almost like their conscience is misfiring because of the mind control. How could magic in a book be less wrong than magic in a movie? Both are fiction so the question is fictional magic wrong, not what her mind resulted in. But when she saw an actual crystal ball being worked with by a wizard with long white hair she got spooked. That fear response eventually led to her to an act of loyalty to "God" which she believed was happening the whole time. When in reality she was just being strung along by a group of mind controlling charlatans who really do love their slaves.

In the introduction Anthony Morris III makes a special effort to say that they are going to continue targetting the minds of their youth no matter what. It's their card and they play it well. Ray Franz in his book Crisis of Conscience reported being put in front of the speaker at a convention many decades ago. They rounded up all the kids in the audience and told them that the next convention might not even come to be because they were so close to the end of the world. They were told to forgo their lives, their passions and everything in exchange for life in the field ministry.

This new video is just history repeating itself. Unfortunately, for the Watchtower, we now live in the age of communication and information so this could be a large nail in their coffin. People didn't condone what hapened to Ray Franz when he was a kid even in his day, they simply didn't really know about it. That's what's different about our time as opposed to Ray Franz. We have the opportunity to shout the message to the world and see if they listen or not. If the Watchtower continues on the path they have laid out for themselves they will just crumble and fall. They are just going to end up a bunch of religious zealots who lock themselves away in their windowless churches who get nothing but disdain from the outside world. It doesn't seem like a long term plan for success.

-Sab

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

This is Wallace and Grommit all over again. History just repeats itself. A parody, like Moral Orel, would be a nice touch.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    If you want to see something way more scary than this, watch the documentary Jesus Camp. That really freaked the crap out of me. Maybe because I lived through the JWs and couldn't see it from the outside, but those kids seemed way more damaged and creepy than most of the JWs I knew.

Ditto that, super messed up.

I hear what you are saying about LOTR. I figured witnesses would not see it, and in fact older witnesses do say just the things you might expect, that it is thinly veiled spiritism, etc.

Younger witnesses, in my experience, saw the symbolism and storytelling aspect of it and just were not worried about it. The witnesses I know that saw it and have the movies keep it to themselves.

• cedars
    cedars

I sense things might have "peaked" and are now slowing down now, at least with the JW/ex-JW community.

Monday - 601 unique visits

Tuesday - 1,828 unique visits

Wednesday - 895 unique visits

However, it's interesting to see that JWs still seem to be searching out info on the video via search engines such as Google.

These are the keywords used to arrive at the article in the last 9 hours:

5 Visits9.43%become jehovahs friend dvd
    4 Visits7.55%safeguard your heart district convention
    3 Visits5.66%2012 jw district convention
    3 Visits5.66%sparlock watchtower
    2 Visits3.77%"Become Jehovah's Friend"
    2 Visits3.77%jehovah witness child book 2012
    2 Visits3.77%jehovahs witness district convention safeguard your heart notes
    2 Visits3.77%jehovahs witness video for kids with character called Sparlock
    2 Visits3.77%sparlock caleb
    2 Visits3.77%sparlock the wizard
    2 Visits3.77%sparlock wizard
    1 Visit1.89%"become jehovah's friend" + dvd
    1 Visit1.89%2012 district convention jehovah's witnesses new releases
    1 Visit1.89%2012 jehovah's witnesses district convention new releases
    1 Visit1.89%2012 safeguard your heart district convention
    1 Visit1.89%2012 safeguard your heart district convention new dvd
    1 Visit1.89%Become Jehovah's Friend - Listen, Obey and Be Blessed
    1 Visit1.89%caleb what toy is this jehovahs witness cartoon
    1 Visit1.89%district convention of jehovah's witnesses 2012 new dvd
    1 Visit1.89%dvd become jehovah's friend

It's nice to know that keywords such as those above are directing JWs through to my article.

Yesterday I emailed a few more journalists and religiously-oriented websites, so it will be interesting to see whether any respond today.

Fingers crossed!! COME ON Sparlock, work your magic!

Cedars

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Oh, well-researched, Cedars!

Very, very interesting.

What's the daily unique visit count to your site as a whole? It would be interesting to know the actual amount of JW interest out there that finds you.

• oompa
    oompa

cedar i joined your blog and feel it and this place need a fb Like and Share button as does this place....and it needs a fb page too if it does not already...and lmao i have been messaging luke and teddy sparlock on fb and they may soon like the wizzard on fb and hopefully have some fun with it...they are the only two sparlocks on fb btw...they must be weirded out and laughing....but not if they are dubs oops!!!..........oompa

• cedars
    cedars

Looks like the Mormons have started talking about it...

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=58955

Cedars

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I have in one hand a possessed "Barbie" doll and I can undress her with one hand...Guess what I'm doing with the other...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Quirky1: Guess what I'm doing with the other...

Typing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit