New DVD "Become Jehovah's Friend"

by treadnh2o 364 Replies latest watchtower bible

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Their publications come and go and I think yeah yeah heard it all before and usually just dismiss it but this one reminds of something from the Natzi Party it makes me feel somewhat angry. It's as if they are trying to brainwash kids I am not sure if it's aimed at children or adults , both probably .

You know something else is missing from the DVD it's called love and it lacks humanity.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Oh, it's aimed at the adults. Strong emphasis on family worship night. Kiddies see that over and over and start to harass the parents--but you're not listening either, you never do family worship night!

But I really think we are all missing the point. This is a video instructing parents on how to turn their children into computer animated characters that always obey. You know---like a full grown JW.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Cedars I am in total agreament with you its the lowest of the low it is actually quite unbelievable .I have said before that the lunatics have taken over the assylum this just goes to prove it.

The Governing Body need to get out more if you ask me they have totally lost the plot with this one.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Child comes home 'happy' with new wizard toy. Ends up looking sad because he has to bin it and then do family worship book.

Child is happy playing with toy plane. Then looks sad because it's family worship book again.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The ultimate Mindfuck!

• nugget
    nugget

This is a very clever and dangerous piece of propaganda. The story is awful and so full of triggers that it is farcical. The toy is not just a wizard but a warrior wizard. Magic is bad and simply by playing with a toy like this Jehovah will be sad.

I loved the second piece where the mum's clothes change from a skirt to slacks. She tells him off in trousers but changes to a skirt for family worship. When she expresses approval it is him for obeying not for being helpful.

The guilt, pressure and manipulation was text book more a lesson for parents on how to guilt their children.

They must have concerns about the number of children who walk away from the faith so conditioning obedience in the very young is their way of combatting the trend.

I am so grateful my children are spared this nonsense.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

New Chapter ,

I totally agree it's like they are manipulating minds for their own agenda . It's like Toy Story the Nightmare or Polar Express stops at a JW house.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I just put the YouTube clip on for my uber-JW wife. She watched about 15 seconds then walked out (back to "Desperate Housewives") declaring that it is even worse than the 'Pugwash' video (Noah).

This is an all time low.

George

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Has the wee boy got any friends anywhere in the video, or is his deranged mother the only person he can play with? ("Let's go ride bike!")

This is pretty wild. Surely most JWs would be embarrassed to let any non-JW even see this.

At least the Listening to the Great Teacher book had some interesting stories with decent ethical messages.

They have lost the plot, literally.

• cedars
    cedars

NewChapter

Oh, it's aimed at the adults. Strong emphasis on family worship night.

I have to respectfully disagree. Yes, the DVD has a strong message to adults about family worship evening. The makers know parents will watch the DVD with their kids and want to remind them of their duties. However, the DVD is first and foremost aimed at children, and impressing upon them the need to be obedient from an early age.

I've just been discussing this with Mrs Cedars, and we're both in shock. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with kids being taught to respect and listen to their parents. However, this chilling DVD takes things to another level. A harmless toy wizard is labeled as satanic (note the imaginary serpent) and something that would "make Jehovah unhappy". What gross arrogance and stupidity on the part of the Society!! How can they be idiotic and ignorant enough to begin to suggest that a plastic toy wizard would upset an intelligent creator?

This DVD is deliberately designed to teach children to bypass logic and reason, and just accept whatever they are told without question, so long as there is the slightest hint that they might be "upsetting Jehovah". A new generation of cult members is being bred by the Society to be more "compliant" than ever before.

The whole thing stirs deep, latent, suppressed rage within me, perhaps from my own upbringing? I don't know. I just know it's deeply wrong. These crackpots have no rights meddling with childrens' brains in this way. They'll be patting eachother on the back in Patterson, Brooklyn, wherever the hell this devious bullshit was made, when they should feel ashamed. Sick bastards.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit