Opinions on keeping your identity secret

by rebel8 22 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

At first I feared what they could do to me, then I realised that was playing into their hands.... Screw them. They are wrong, they are liars. There is nothing to fear. Anyone that wants to join them and live by their fascist regime don't deserve you in their life anyway. I told my family, me or them, you decide. They are all slowly leaving now. Don't be ashamed of being right! Xxx

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

No one should criticize someone who doesn't want to "come out" and identify themself as an "ex" anything.

That is a personal decision, period.

NightOwl

• dgp
    dgp

I understand what you say, Rebel 8, and I can but respect it, but I don't think the worldlies would see you as the tainted girl. At least not the ones I live among.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm all the way out, but then I don't have anybody still in that I need to talk to. I would not presume to tell some one else what they should or should not do. I can very much understand the reluctance of those who wish to keep up some contact with brainwashed family members or friends.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Now I am not shying away from standing up for myself. What I'm shying away from is doing things to start battles with people who don't matter, when the battle doesn't have any positive outcome that can't be achieved by easier, more peaceful means.
    I feel I've suffered enough at the hands of this cult. I am going to do what I want to do in a way I feel is effective. I'm in the driver's seat now.

Touche'. Agreed.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'll go public when my family is out. Not before.

All cults have a policy of withholding information from those they describe as not deserving it and I don't see why I should hobble myself by playing by different set of rules.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If you wish to stay simply "inactive" i.e you have "faded" then it is vital that you are circumspect about all actions and public pronouncements.

The other day I was talking to two JW's and it was on the tip of my tongue to say "But that is all fiction" about a scripture they referred to, I had to hold my tongue.

On here too, do not give away too much personal stuff, a file can be built up against you and they will use it once they have a positive I.D , I know of two cases where this has happened, so faders, keep your true I.D safe.

Everyone else is lucky enough to do as they please.

• flipper
    flipper

REBEL 8- That's a very good and healthy way to look at it that " you're in the drivers seat " now. It sounds like you've got a really supportive husband and family now. Some of us who still have dealings with JW family still inside the organization have to be somewhat more careful than those who don't - however it gets very tiring having to be so secretive. I've become more vocal in my views to my older JW parents in their 80's, however I'm careful with what I say to my super elder older brother. He has tried to create situations to turn my parents against me. He has failed so far, as my JW mom sees through it.

I still feel like I'm in the drivers seat , but I have my seat belt on and I turn around and look behind me so I don't get caught by surprise. And thats after not attending for over 8 years now

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Usually it the active JWs that want 'apostates' to be all open with photo and name. I don't think there is any question as to why.

My opinion...each of us has reasons for whatever we do in that regard.

I will out myself when i am good and ready, apostate hunters can go do rude things involving colorful metaphores to the opening between their gluteus maximus.

Oz

• cantleave
    cantleave

I don't care if people know who I am. I refuse to let a cult control me by using my family against me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit