WTWizard....I am curious

by still thinking 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    If there is no gas, you don't get this aura (and you don't stay alive, either).

This is great news! I've got enough gas to keep me alive for 1,000 years!

• still thinking
    still thinking

so, are you saying that maybe the astral plane is just another dimension that we can measure? Different from the spirit realm as we know it? Or think we know it?

can you give me a definition of what an astral plane acutally is?

• mP
    mP

/wtwizard

satan is not mentioned in the first few chapters of genesis by name or other means. the snake is not satan. nobody like moses or jesus ever says the snake was satan or the devil. you are assuming tht the bible in its entirety conataibs two sides of gods, namely jehivah on tge good side and satan on the bad side. where does it say satan is evil, it only says satan is an opponenr. no where is god said to be totally good. the bibnle is simply the story of favouring jehovah over other gods. nmo where does it say jehovah is more good, kind or anything positive when compared to the other gods. gyahweh has many names because over history the priests assimilated many gods, they just never managed total control over religion. the priests are angry simply because they want all the money and sacrifices from the locals. they dont appreciate competition. they never claim to be right or gooder. they only threaten everyone.

• mP
    mP

@stillthinking

given satan barely appears anywhere in the bible, is it really faiur ti say anything about him? where exactly does it say he is evil. sure one scripture says he is the fasther of the lie, but there are other similar scriptures where jehovah is also said to lie. everyone is simply invemti g an autibiography from what amounts to a handful of words.

• still thinking
    still thinking

mP....I am trying to understand where WTWizard is coming from...other than despising the Jehovah god.

As I said above, from what I can see the bible actually points Satan out to be Gods helper. He has the arduous task of weeding out the ones who do not follow God...he must have a huge reward waiting for him to be doing a job like that.

I agree that the serpent does not appear to be the Satan that is referred to later in the bible.

In Genesis 3:14 we read:

" And the LORD God said unto the serpent , Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle , and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:"

then

We read in Job 1:7:"

"And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."

They cannot be one in the same....can they?

But then you have Jesus in the new testament speaking of serpents as wise...

Serpent in the Gospels

In the Gospel of Matthew, John the Baptist calls the Pharisees and Saducees, who were visiting him, a "brood of vipers" ( Matthew 3:7 ). Jesus also uses this imagery, observing: "Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of Gehenna?" ( Matthew 23:33 ). Alternatively, Jesus also presents the snake with a less negative connotation when sending out the Twelve Apostles. Jesus exhorted them, "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves" ( Matthew 10:16 ). Wilhelm Gesenius notes that even amongst the ancient Hebrews, the serpent was a symbol of wisdom. [ 17 ]

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

all i can say is, thanks to this thread for reminding me why

I dont believe in the bible.....

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah, I know what you mean crazyblondeb....but I like to know why people believe what they do...you never know...I might learn something...LOL

• mP
    mP

@stillthinking

In Job, Satan admits he was walking about the earth, how exactly does that mean he was the snake, given that snakes dont walk, and he does not say he was anywhere near that day with Eve ?

Your other scripture about Jesus says snakes are wise, how exactly does that pinppoint Satan ? Solomon was said to be wise as well, does that mean he is a snake too ? So the Jews thought snakes were wise what exactly does that prove ?

Im sorry your simply repeating JW bullshit that does not even appear in the Bible anywhere...

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Actually, everything WTW says has been something that has been read in my own research on the "truth" of the bible and it's history. It amazes me with the amount of information out there that can be cross referenced and checked that the bible still has a leg to stand on. I stopped reading my bible about 2 years ago for "advice" and have only read it to check what I'm researching.

Yes, the christianity being taught today is just borrowing stories from thousands of years before the bible was written. Sun worship, 12 disciples, a messiah figure, all rehashed stories.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    In Job, Satan admits he was walking about the earth, how exactly does that mean he was the snake, given that snakes dont walk, and he does not say he was anywhere near that day with Eve ?

It doesn't...and I am not saying it does...I am saying the bible contradicts...or people interpret it incorrectly.

Your other scripture about Jesus says snakes are wise, how exactly does that pinppoint Satan ? Solomon was said to be wise as well, does that mean he is a snake too ? So the Jews thought snakes were wise what exactly does that prove ?

nothing....I am saying that people either interpret the NT to make Satan whatever they want...or Satan is many different things...or Satan is actually a helper.

Plus, you have misinterpreted what I said....

Solomon was said to be wise as well, does that mean he is a snake too?....mP
    "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves" ( Matthew 10:16 ). ...still thinking

Where does it refer to Solomon as being wise as a serpent? Why would I compare him to a snake? Jesus said to the apostles..."Be wise as serpents"...I am refering to what was said..not how I interpret it.

mP....I think you are misunderstanding where I am coming from...I am not trying to prove Satan is the snake...I am not trying to say that the serpent is the devil or Satan....if you read my posts I am saying that I cannot see how they have been made out to be the same.

Im sorry your simply repeating JW bullshit that does not even appear in the Bible anywhere...

No sorry, I am not. All the quotes I have made have been from Wikipedia and other sources.

I really don't think you see what I am asking WTWizard...I am trying to figure out how WTWizard formed this belief. You seem to think I am trying to prove Satan is what bible believers say he is...I am not. We seem to b e having two completely different conversations.

Maybe I am not making myself very clear....that is more than possible. But I quote what I said above after you made your comments...

I agree that the serpent does not appear to be the Satan that is referred to later in the bible....still thinking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit