WTWizard....I am curious

by still thinking 47 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

mP....I was not familier with the term astrotheology...so did a little research on the subject...here is a broad understanding of it if anyone else is interested.

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/astrotheology.html

The further one regresses in time, the more obvious it becomes that the principal and

That ancient peoples, including those thought to be "primitive," possessed this impressive knowledge, which required precise geometrical capacity as well as astronomical expertise, is a fact. That they went to extraordinary lengths to encapsulate and memorialize it is also a fact. Another fact is that the depth of inspiration and passion reflected by these remains is indicative of the ancients’ astrotheological religious tendencies.

The astronomical science of the ancients is the same used today to determine full moons, eclipses, conjunctions and other cosmic events both past and future. It is because of the ancient study that we have this capability today, although our abilities are just beginning to catch up to the archaeoastronomy of such peoples as the Maya and their forebears. This regression and loss of knowledge is due to cataclysm and destruction of human culture. Yet, the basics of this important knowledge were preserved because the ancients used myths as mnemonic devices passed along from generation to generation. This tradition was especially important during the thousands of years when writing was either non-existent or limited. Unfortunately, the key to this knowledge was nevertheless often lost, as the myths became believed as "historical fact."...

• still thinking
    still thinking

In keeping with the idea of the ancients possessing impressive knowledge...what do you (meaning anyone on JWN) think of this....beware...the creator of this video challenges the idea of evolution...I am not saying I agree with it...just that his ideas are interesting. Again, I would like to remind that these are not my beliefs...I am simply exploring ideas. And welcome your thoughts.

The secrets hidden in the pyramids of Egypt wireless power (Harun Yahya)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=b4AjR4KWYec&feature=endscreen

• still thinking
    still thinking

mP...thank you for your explanation of the age of aquarius...it was interesting. I too have read about the connection to symbolism in the bible...ie the fish....and I don't think it can be easily discounted. How it all comes together is baffling me though.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Awesome thread.

I've been curious about WTWizard, too, but never had the guts to ask. Thank you both - Still and WTWizard.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Interesting read, all. I'm glad I checked in.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Sometimes I think I am too curious for my own good Palmtree....But then I think....so what!

Curiosity killed the cat...but satisfaction brought him back.

• mP
    mP

@stillthinking

A final bit of commentary which im sure you will find very amusing.

EVE AND THE SNAKE

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/Constellations/Serpens.html

http://bible.cc/genesis/3-15.htm

Genesis 3:15 >>

New International Version (©1984)
    And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

What are the chances that serpens is biting a woman in the zodiac, just like the story tells us ?

SATAN THE DRAGON ...

Funnily enough, another clue is draco the dragon is below all the signs in the zodiac which is a close match to the way that Satan is thought of in the Bible. Good or heaven is above and bad or evil is below and satan is also pictured as a devil.

THE STAR OF BETHLEHEM

Perhaps the classic reference to the zodiac is in the beginning of Matthew in the story of the magi. I know the bible does not say there were three, but the point is the early church added to the story, giving us what is commonly believed today. Interestingly Horus in his belt has 3 stars known as the three kings, and these point to sirius one of the brightest stars in the night. Sighting Sirius marked the start of the flooding season in Egypt so its easy to see how they (the Egyptians] thought they were saved when the floods returned to provide new silt and water for next seasons crop. We can see the same in Xmas and its date of 25 Dec. This is the first day after the shortest day of the year where the sun begins to get stronger and the days longer. Interesting the sun is passing right thru the Southern Crux at this time. If wew continue readng the scriptures and realise that Jesus is the sun, we can see his birth is nothing more than the personification of the birth and strenghtening of the life giving Sun. Take a look at church art in any major cathedral, they always picture jesus having a halo or golden disc behind him. If we read the gospels literally its easy to see the authors are simply describing the glorious sun in the clouds an not a man.

Go find a zodiac map of the constellations and try and find some bible stories. If you look and try you will find more. There are countless books that go into depth about this avialable on amazon.

• still thinking
    still thinking

mP...yes...not sure what to make of all that....and for some reason it took me on a journey back to WTWizards astral plane idea....

I found this site WTWizard...it is a bit long winded and I have to say the text formatting is a pain in the proverbial butt...but is this the type of thing you are referring to when you talk of astral planes?

http://www.rickrichards.com/astral/Astral4.html

this bit for example reminded me of the sleep paralysis that New Chapter was discussing on another thread...which I have experienced...

If you have ever laid inbed, your eyes closed,falling asleep, and then all of a sudden you can SEE the room around you as ifyour eyes were completely open... and all the while you know you are NOT dreaming, but you are completely AWAKE... then you sit up ... and suddenly ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit