WTWizard....I am curious

by still thinking 47 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Soldier77...thanks for your contribution...

I can see that WTWizard had done a fair bit of research...specifically on this subject...that is why I am interested. Just from what I have quoted above regarding satan, the snake, the devil etc...I can see that religions interpret Satan to be what they want it to be. It is not so clear to me.

WTWizard seems to be talking about the Satan in the bible...if I am correct. And I am trying to establish a clearer picture of who this Satan is. And how WTWizard came to the idea that he was the truth.

There is mention of the Age of Aquarius...which I have read a little about (but not much), And other older beliefs, plus some new age type thinking.

What was the overwhelming evidence, if you will, that lead to that conclusion.

• still thinking
    still thinking

mP....Ironically if find Jesus words saying to 'be wise as serpents' to be pointing directly back to the serpent in the Adam and eve story. The serpent apparently told them to eat from the tree of knowlegde of good and bad. And yet by telling the apostles to use the knowlege of good and bad to keep them out of trouble....Jesus would appear to be giving similar advise to the serpent....and he certainly seems to be saying that the serpent is wise.

Now if the serpent is indeed wise...what then of him being a deceiver? Is that wisdom gone wrong...or is he still wise?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Is this the site you were referring to WTWizard? Exposing Christianity?

http://see_the_truth.webs.com/

I'm going to have a read

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I believe Age of Aquarius refers back to the zodiac which goes back to occult philosophy that has been demonized by society in general... lead by the early Christian church.

I have a couple books on the occult "Three Books on Occult Philosophy" and The Picatrix that really shed a lot of light on so many things. It's difficult for me to expound more on this as I am still learning from reading these books, but in keeping an open mind, one can learn quite a bit.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I have another question for you WTWizard if I may. How does your belief work in with evolution? Or doesn't it?

• tec
    tec

Just jumping in to throw another bit for you to consider, Still:

snake = serpent = seraph } what we call angels

The serpent in and of itself is not bad. If Satan is an angel (serpent/seraph); then it stands to reason that not all serpents/seraph/dragons are 'bad'. Since angels are all the same 'species'. Sort of like saying 'human' as a curse, because of the actions of some.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

WTWizard....is that an ex JW site? They are specifically asking 'How Jehovahs Witnessess have been predicting the 'end of the world' for over 100 years.

• still thinking
    still thinking

That is interesting to consider tec...thanks.

So you think Jesus quote there is just referring to Angels in general?

• tec
    tec

The 'wise as serpents' comment you mean? Perhaps, yes. Could also just be that the serpent was known for wisdom - that this was understood (though that understanding may have stemmed from the original understanding: seraph/angel)... but also for deception, depending upon context or syntax. Sometimes in translation we insert words that come close to our meaning, but are not a straight translation because no such word exists.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

StillThinking:

mP....Ironically if find Jesus words saying to 'be wise as serpents' to be pointing directly back to the serpent in the Adam and eve story. The serpent apparently told them to eat from the tree of knowlegde of good and bad. And yet by telling the apostles to use the knowlege of good and bad to keep them out of trouble....Jesus would appear to be giving similar advise to the serpent....and he certainly seems to be saying that the serpent is wise.

Now if the serpent is indeed wise...what then of him being a deceiver? Is that wisdom gone wrong...or is he still wise?

StillThinking:

Im sorry for me you are making a lot of assumptions that try and make the rediciulous creditable. There is no motivation for Jesus to speak or conceal this important message by using substitutes, if he meant Satan in this particular case, he should have simply said so. I will credit jesus with intelligence, and there was no need to add more indirection and confusion.

On the ohter hand, it would seem you realise that worryabout talking snakes telling lies is utter stupidity which is probably why you try and rationalise this. Unfortunately many ancient people really did believe in magical snakes, which makes the belief in the Bible that more pathetic.

TEC

The 'wise as serpents' comment you mean? Perhaps, yes. Could also just be that the serpent was known for wisdom - that this was understood (though that understanding may have stemmed from the original understanding: seraph/angel)... but also for deception, depending upon context or syntax. Sometimes in translation we insert words that come close to our meaning, but are not a straight translation because no such word exists.

Peace,

tammy

@TEC

Your commentary is slightly dishonest, seraphs were a type of messenger. Your commentary seems to imply that ALL angels were seraphs or snakes which is very much untrue as countless other scriptures show. its important to be clear in this cases just take a look at the fuss a little "a" or "the" in John 1:1 has caused and thre trinity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit