Hope my American friends won't hate me for this.. LOL

by tornapart 37 Replies latest social humour

• tornapart
    tornapart

Actually they still do it in some areas of Scotland.... seems very strange...

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

This reminds me of a story that was told about a Airplane pilot flying in the airspace over Germany. He was speaking German to the Controllers and he was asked to please speak English (this is the international language for pilots to use to keep air accidents to a minimum) And he stated " I and German, my airplane is made in Germany and I am flying over German airspace, why is it you insist that I speak English!!!" A lone British voice came ver the airwaves and stated "Because you lost the BLOODY WAR !!!"

NJY

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Booooooo-yah! You are treading on thin ice tornapart! :-)

I think the American Way can be summed up in my latest iPhone acquisition - it asks me - do I want to choose:

(a) British English

or

(b) English

Errrrrrm... Isn't England... like... IN Britain?

Jesus Christ Apple, get your geography right!

NO Apple California - you can't claim English! Maybe Englishized English.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I happen to love Bitish English. Can't help it.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That list of changes was funny but scary!

• cedars
    cedars

Hear, hear. Yes, I'm all for this. If the colonials can't put someone responsible in charge, they should give these lands back to Her Majesty. Obviously she'll hold it all in trust until such time as they can prove themselves capable of NOT electing a Mormon president, or anyone who invents new words during speeches, or thinks Africa is a country.

I know Argentina was originally a Spanish colony, but we should take that too while we're at it!! That should make them pipe down.

I'm writing to my MP...

Cedars (**braces himself for avalanche of hatemail**)

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'd be all for it if it would mean that the US dollar would have the same value as the English pound.....Oh yeah, you're NOT taking my microbrews, guns, or football. And let's face it. Roundabouts just plain suck ass.

• jam
    jam

This is off the topic, but I thought about A converstion I

had with A co-worker years ago.

He was complaining about the American life style. We are

lazy, morally corrupt, racist, no family values.

Get this he was A refugee from Vietnam. I just exploded, I

served in Nam (1967-1968). I told him I saw first hand The

morality in Nam, the corruption among the elite and the racism,

please. The children of the France soldiers and later the American

solldiers childrens that were left behind were treated like sh----t.

And as far as your morals, hell It,s possible I could be your father.

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

I lived in Maine at the end of the 90s so it is not that long ago.

I always thought they should have a sign on the I95 as you entered Maine that said "Welcome to Maine. Please turn back your clock 25 years" (old joke I know but it felt like it at times). My favourite state though.

Remember when I was over there and it got to the 4th of July (NOT July 4th) and the people in Walmart would wish me a happy 4th. In the end I said to one "no thanks, I'm British". Went over her head. And what is it with the meeter greeters in Walmart? They intoduced them over here when Asda got bought by Walmart but they used the local retired population and called them "golden greeters". But in the US it was like they have gone to the local leper colony to find the most diseased person to come lurching towards you as soon as you enter the store. Always someone like Quasi Modo save with a rare and particularly angry looking skin infection. This may have changed of course, although I was in florida last year and evidence suggests maybe not. Although they did look quite a lot fatter than they used to. Apologies to any people with leprosy on the board - although I am guessing that most lepers actually love Jesus so would never become a JW in the first place.

And one last thing - lamb. Could buy 20 different cuts of beef in the stores over there but lamb? Not a chop.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Really? I see lamb all the time. Maybe it's different in California.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit