A JW in an email said I'm a Jezebel and much more. Well, this busy Jezebel needs your input. Thanks.

by AndersonsInfo 45 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Thanks, Barbara.

There is more to life than fighting the memory of this cult.

I will send you a PM sometime this weekend.

James

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"do you thing that your work is giving honor to the almight God ?"

Yes, I know that my work is giving honor to God.

Exposing the wickedness of false religious leaders who claim to represent God will make me unpopular with some. Jesus Christ himself was ridiculed, despised, and killed for that very reason. He stood up to the hypocritic religious leaders of his day. Today, religious leaders, such as the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses have presumptuously sat themselves in the seat of Christ and they bind heavy loads upon their followers. This is something that God and Christ never intended.

I have no desire to become a religious leader. I do not desire for others to be misled by wicked leaders. I hope that one day you come to know the freedom that belongs to Christ. Please realize that the head of man is not a "governing body in Brooklyn", but none other than the Christ.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Hi Barb, and your husband (sorry don't know his name)

I'm in the faith, but can appreciate your courage to speak on things that should be open.

I strongly believe in Honesty, and integrity. I would really appreciate it when someone admits that they were wrong, but that takes humility which is lacking unfortunately among the leaders.

You have brought some valuable information forward, and I know that it will be recorded for the History books.

Some will missunderstand you and through their ignorance will condemn you as they have condemned all courageous people who choose to speak out.

All the best,

QB

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My response would be:

Apparently you or someone you love has never suffered or died from the Watch Tower's ever changing blood doctrine or been the victim of a child molestation cover up. Unfortunately, there are thousands who have had such experiences. And that is because all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. I chose to be one of the "good" who does something.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hi Barb

Keep up the good work.It sounds to me he has followed your posts on this board ? If that is correct then he will also be aware of the replies to this thread by all here ,so theirs hope for him yet.

It wouldn`t be the first time a staunch jw came on here then seen the light would it ?

smiddy

• etna
    etna

Hi Barb,

My input is, you should be ashamed to speak out and be truthful and expose the lies and coverups.

I don't know you personally, but I regard you and your husband, highly and very courageous. You should be so proud of yourselfs, but by reading your site and getting to know you through the internet, I can say without reservation, you are both humble people.

Keep up the good work. Etna

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Barbara, I'm sorry that you have to get emails like this. You know that his opinion is of no worth at all, but it still hurts to read it. I generally spend very little time responding to attacking emails, as the person is unlikely to change their mind regardless of what you say. Rather, I have a bit of a dig instead, just to make myself feel better, as childish as that may be. Something like:

"Your attack of me and my motives is an ad hominem argument, and the lowest form of debate. I have provided intensive research to support the reasoning behind my actions, and you have not had the respect to respond to any of these. At least I am able to take comfort from the thousands of emails I have received from people that have appreciated my assistance in leaving the religion."

I have barely ever had a JW address any flaws on my site, and on the odd occasion that they do, it has been with poor reasoning that I have already countered on the site. Whenever they have tried to argue over doctrine, they refuse to answer any questions that I ask showing the flaws in their beliefs, so I end the discussion with something like:

"I have no interest in debating you on doctrine, as you avoid acknowledging the information that I have provided or answering the questions that I have asked. You seem solely concerned with supporting what you want to believe. I have provided plenty of proof that the Watchtower is not teaching truth on jwfacts.com and invite you to consider that information before contacting me further to argue over points of doctrine."

As you have experienced, it takes so much time researching for your site and answering emails from people that need assistance, that it is not worth expending time or emotional energy on people that will not change their mind, regardless of what you say to them.

• Diest
    Diest

Look at the bright side, Jezebel was one of the sexiest women in the book of bible stories....right after the lady who drove the stake in to the sleeping man's head.(Jael? I feel happy that I am starting to forget)

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Barbara, if "Barbara Anderson 2012" was able to travel back into time, to meet "Barbara Anderson 1986", how would you convince Barbara 1986 and her husband, their belief system is wrong? How deep were you beliefs back than, could anyone have shaken you pre-pedophile cover ups?

Your writing has touched this brother or sister in Italy, admitting things "are not rosy" is a tell-tell you have them thinking hard.

• Quandry
    Quandry

TWICE he says that women should stay "IN THEIR PLACE". That alone makes me yearn to drop-kick him in the balls.

Ha! I just couldn't have said it better!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit