Mentality of young CO

by Vidqun 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Cantleave, I saw the documentary. Thousands of furry creatures diving over a cliff and drowning in the sea below. So whatever the reason of their behaviour, it ended badly. I believe that is what will happen to you if you follow a leader or groups of leaders blindly. Adolf Hitler, Jim Jones, and David Koresh come to mind. As Wiki puts it: This "is a frequently used metaphor in reference to people who go along unquestioningly with popular opinion, with potentially dangerous or fatal consequences." I'll go along with that.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

yup - we were part of those suicidal lemmings - thank goodness we sorted out the truth from fairytales.

Lemmings, Lemurs all cute but a MeerKat - even cuter.

• baltar447
    baltar447

If the CO said that to me, that he would follow them off a cliff, I'd quote him this: (Matthew 15:14) . . .If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.. . .

• cedars
    cedars

Vidqun

He asked me about the baptism questions. Even in there it doesn't name one as a Witness, it only associates one with Jehovah's Witnesses, if I remember correctly.

He may have been right on the baptismal questions.

The second question asks: "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?"

I'm not saying there's no basis to your argument. I'm only saying that, if the Governing Body considers the Slave Class alone to be true JWs, they are certainly hiding this from the rank and file.

Cedars

• baltar447
    baltar447

Sammy Herd at the last DC I went to, said about 3-4 times "Jehovah's Witnesses and Friends of Jehovah's Witnesses"

I was like, WTF is he talking about? I thought it might be Annonited=Jehovah's Witnesses, Other sheep=Friends of JWs.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

1) In connection with the lemurs, he said that that explains his loyalty to the GB to a T. If they say he goes over the cliff, he goes over the cliff.

And who says that JWs couldn't end up like Jim Jones/David Koresh/Heavens Gate? The programming is all there. All they need is the 'go ahead' from above.

• nugget
    nugget

I am truly shocked by the amount of ignorance displayed by the CO. So the correspondene from the UN and the newspaper is all Satan is it? The societies excuse that it was all for a library card made it all ok and the magazines printed around the early 70's were all made up or dellusion.

I am srry but there is no point arguing with these people and to throw in a lack of humily because you do not blindly accept the nonsense is typical of the response.

These are important issues and important questions they deserve to be answered respectfully.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Nugget, I agree. I told him before I put my foot in a KH again, I need some clear answers. Then he tried to put words in my mouth by saying: "So, you do not believe that the GB is God's channel to communicate with his people." Had I answered in the affirmative, he would have disfellowshipped me at the next meeting. Luckily I knew it was coming, thanks to the posters of JWN, so I countered: "No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the GB has been compromised." So I live to fight another day.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Mentality of young CO: From his answers four things stand out: 1) In connection with the lemurs, he said that that explains his loyalty to the GB to a T. If they say he goes over the cliff, he goes over the cliff.

What a fucking idiot! Bye!!!

And they seriously think that they are setting an example to be followed. The stupidity of some of these men is just mind-boggling!!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Vidqun: 2) In connection with the UN-NGO debacle, the Guardian newspaper and the UN website, he retorted: "How easy it would be for Satan the Devil to put these insinuations in the newspaper and on the UN website. These are Satan's instruments."

Um, sure. Right. The UN just lied about the WTBTS joining them. That's why the WTBTS responded by CONFIRMING the lie by explaining that they needed a "Library Card." Did I mention that this guy must be an idiot?

Vidqun: 3) He also insisted that the GB can do no wrong. I touched on 1975, but he insisted it was not the GB, but the brothers that erred.

What will the 1970's Bring? - g1968 10/8, p. 13- 14

"The fact that fifty-four years of the period called the "last days" have already gone by is highly significant. It means that only a few years, at most, remain before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God. How can we be so certain of this?" - Emphasis added.

The WTBTS said it. No one misunderstood it then, but they do lie about it now. Did I mention that this CO is a complete idiot?

Vidqun: 4) He insinuated that I lacked humility, after telling him he lives in a dream world.

Perhaps you do lack humility. I don't know you well enough to know. But, assuming everything you wrote is true, which from my 25 years of experience in the organization is sadly all to easy to believe, then the only thing lacking around here is a brain and it's this clueless CO that lacks it. Did I mention that this tool is a complete fucking idiot?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit