Mentality of young CO

by Vidqun 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

This time it was the CO that came round with a young elder in tow. From our discussion a few points stand out. I carefully explained why I believe the GB has comitted spiritual immorality by hobnobbing with the UN. I discussed with them the Israelites' flirtation with surrounding nations (especially Assyria and Egypt, and the dire consequences flowing from those dalliances). They have broken my trust, and I cannot trust them again. In any case, one should not follow earthling man, for when he dies, all his promises go with him into the ground (Ps. 146:3, 4). I mentioned the example of lemurs and blind faith, when overpopulation occurs, their leaders lead them over the cliff into the sea.

From his answers four things stand out: 1) In connection with the lemurs, he said that that explains his loyalty to the GB to a T. If they say he goes over the cliff, he goes over the cliff. 2) In connection with the UN-NGO debacle, the Guardian newspaper and the UN website, he retorted: "How easy it would be for Satan the Devil to put these insinuations in the newspaper and on the UN website. These are Satan's instruments." 3) He also insisted that the GB can do no wrong. I touched on 1975, but he insisted it was not the GB, but the brothers that erred. 4) He insinuated that I lacked humility, after telling him he lives in a dream world.

Conclusion: I know, I know, farting against thunder, flogging a dead horse, etc. The discussion did not benefit the CO, but I benefited from it immensely. It was a reminder from where I came from. Blind faith, never again! I could see the young elder squirming, rifling through his Bible to look for encouraging Scriptures, but finding none. Perhaps the discussion makes him think. The only positive suggestion by the CO is that I write to the Society and take the issue up with them. I will do that, but a fat lot of good that'll do.

PS I hear at the meeting that night he warned the congregation that there is a lot of false propaganda on the Net, and that they should not believe a word. Some have read it and now they have doubts.

Feel free to comment.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I think you mean LEMMINGS not Lemurs..........

Some excellent points made though.

• cedars
    cedars

Vidqun

PS I hear at the meeting that night he warned the congregation that there is a lot of false propaganda on the Net, and that they should not believe a word. Some have read it and now they have doubts.

That ALONE is a positive development to come out of this. I'd love to know how many logged on to so-called "apostate" sites after hearing that counsel!! I bet Wikipedia took a few hits...

Cedars

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Lemurs, I love "King Julian!"

Julian: "I have devised a cunning test to see whether these are savage killers"

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Thanks, Heartofaboy, it's lemmings. Nearly sent the Madagascar lemurs over the cliff. Just to add, I have nothing against little lemurs, and I don't wish them to go over a cliff.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Vidqun, what kind of caliber did your young CO contain, how did he "wow" you, with his knowledge of the Holy Bible? They don't make C.O.s like they use too, they were the last resort, the big canon to defeat spiritual darkness, now they appear to be lost too!

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Bubblegum, Caliber? I only give him .22, nothing more. Paul said: "For I bear witness that they have a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge." That about sums it up. He certainly has the zeal. His wife is undergoing Chemotherapy, and he insists on staying on the circuit. I asked her about it once. Like a good wife she said she does it for him. He is so happy when he's on the circuit. Like I said, he has the zeal, but not much love.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Oh yes, another thing. He told me how proud he was to be called a Jehovah's Witness. I corrected him there. He might do the work, but he was not a Jehovah's Witness at all. Only the anointed ones should be called Jehovah's Witnesses. The scriptures in Isaiah (43:10, 12), which are often quoted, refers to Israel, and by implication to the Israel of God, i.e., spiritual Israel. At best he was assisting them in the witnessing work. I could see this fact rattled him. He mumbled something about technicalities and that it's not important. He asked me about the baptism questions. Even in there it doesn't name one as a Witness, it only associates one with Jehovah's Witnesses, if I remember correctly.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Lemming suicide is a Myth!

• Fernando
    Fernando

As the old saying goes: "you can lead a horse to the water but you can't make him drink!"

Obstinate fool that I was, I did make the Pharisees drink, but then they just vomited...

Well done vidqun, just keep leading them to the water!

On the other hand for entertainment you may want to force them to drink. Problem is they get awfully testy, spiteful, vindictive and venomous soon after vomiting...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit