GB: "We don't know if Jehovah wants us to build new headquarters, but we're doing it anyway..."

by cedars 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

It's amazing that the G.B. can think at all. It's obvious that they are not governed by Holy Spirit, but only by human reasoning which is used by men who have no clue. Puff the dragon said it to the tee, what we the G.B. say is gospel and if you don't concede you will not have a family to talk too. You will be labeled APOSTATE when in fact they themselves have Stayed from the way.

Kojack

• Ding
    Ding
    The GB have not changed their mind. They have been aware for decades that the great tribulation is probably not coming.

Maybe you're right, but I tend to think they really believe their own dogma.

To believe otherwise would mean that they are no one special and have wasted their lives.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Isn't this ironic - they claim to know that god told them to sacrifice children to blood rules, to tell everyone to avoid getting an education, to tell everyone that the internet is evil, and to extend the "generation" into an evasive cloud of time -But they "just don't know if it is his will to build this headquarters?"

james_woods

Iam exactly asking myself the same quesition. Thanks james_woods. We will continue to point out their inconsistencies.

Scott77

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

They're following the path of Causality. Every move is a hunch because there is no inspiration.

I think they're following this scripture.

"If the clouds are full of rain, they empty themselves on the earth, and if a tree falls to the south or to the north, in the place where the tree falls, there it will lie."

They go wherever the wind blows them.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Great news!

I got into a conversation with my wife and showed her this excerpt right from the jw.org website, and she was shocked, this led to a very lengthy discussion where I was able to make a number of strong points. Hopefully this will give hope to some of you, who are in the same situation as I am, with your spouse.

Thanks to Cedars for pointing this out, this is the kinda irrefutable stuff that will ultimately defeat their mind control!

• bobld
    bobld

That statements tells me two things.

1.They are short on money.

2.The 2008 stock market caught them off guard and they had to put on hold the selling off of dumbo.

maybe 3.the wills and estates dropped off due to the down turn in the economy.

• bobld
    bobld

The pix is ugly,more like an army barricks

• cedars
    cedars

tootired2care - thanks for your experience. I absolutely love hearing stories like that - it makes everything worthwhile.

I've written the article on ex-jw.com with indoctrinated JWs in mind (i.e. from a scriptural standpoint), roping in the parable of the ten virgins etc. I really hope it makes even just a few people think again. The evidence is there, people just need to connect the dots.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Bumping for any lurkers that haven't heard of this yet...

Cedars

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I'm sure Russell made similar statements. You know the funny thing? All this crap is continuously recycled, and yet we bought it, we gulped it down. Ignorance is not bliss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit