Horrid Time for Me

by Band on the Run 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

My deepest condolences, BOTR. I know there is nothing that can truly alleviate your pain, but I will leave you with the positive attitude of Epicurus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicurus

He suffered from kidney stones, [2] to which he finally succumbed in 270 BCE [3] at the age of 72, and despite the prolonged pain involved, he wrote to Idomeneus:

I have written this letter to you on a happy day to me, which is also the last day of my life. For I have been attacked by a painful inability to urinate, and also dysentery, so violent that nothing can be added to the violence of my sufferings. But the cheerfulness of my mind, which comes from the recollection of all my philosophical contemplation, counterbalances all these afflictions. And I beg you to take care of the children of Metrodorus, in a manner worthy of the devotion shown by the young man to me, and to philosophy. [4]

• LV101
    LV101

BOTR -- I pray you receive comfort/recovery.

Love to you,

LV101

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I no longer pray, but I'm sending good thoughts your way.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My hubby is a chronic pain sufferer. I see the how it affects him and how it's brought him to his knees. I wouldn't wish pain like that on anyone. I hope you get some relief soon.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

BOTR -

I don't always agree with you on everything - but mostly I do - and I am so sorry to know that you are suffering physically. I know the other kind of pain - it is manageable - but physical pain is where the rubber really meets the road. Please know that you and your contributions are valued here. I hope you are able to persevere.

• ammo
    ammo

BOTR, think warm and positive thoughts, and loving affirmations it does'nt fix things but can make the pain go for a short while.

-Louise Hays- book/dvd (you can heal your life)- its an oldie but a goodie!

Much love

Ammo

:)

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

BOTR,

Pain is horrible, and as you well know, it can be both physically and emotionally draining. I am sorry that you are hurting, and I hope that you find the strength to manage your pain. There are a lot of us here who care for you. I know that even the kindest words can't take away pain, but I hope that they can at least make your pain more bearable, as well as knowing that we are here for you to lean on when you are feeling down.

I have recently started learning to pray again, so I will add you to my prayers, as well as sending you some positive healing thoughts.

• Scott77
    Scott77

btt

• factfinder
    factfinder

I don't pray but I feel bad for you and hope you find great relief very soon.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

B.O.T.R. sending my well wishes to you, are there situations that cause your pain to flare higher than normal? Do you keep a diary of your pain levels, keeping track what sends you into a 10, or lessen's the affects of your pump? Do you change up medications to trick your system, how long have you been battling this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit