Horrid Time for Me

by Band on the Run 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Band!

I humbly pray for your pain and illness to be defeated in the power and authority of our Lord Jesus, Amen.

Greetings and blessings

Fernando

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Pain management told me to give it two more days and if I still have pain, to return. My fear of the consequences of pain are just as bad as the pain itself. I need to learn to live one day at time, without remembering sheer hell or projecting onto the future. My born in Witness nonsense in my head is still so strong. I feel if I were only good enough or not me, it would not happen. It is rather alarming that for all my experiences outside of the Witnesses, when I am pressed by a crisis, the automatic WT beliefs pop out.

I can laugh so hard at the Witnesses and mock them but part of me feels that I am still in their prison. My solution is to almost screech at myself that they are primitive beliefs brainwashed into a young child. Get with reality and what I consciously believe.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Band, their brainwash/indoctrination is very powerful. Even in the short time I was with them bits have gone in really deep.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Im sorry you are suffering so BOTR, hope the pain management team find a solution to the pain really soon, sending my best wishes to you.

Paula x

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Chin up! Stiff upper lip old bean!

I hope this goes away soon and sorry to hear you are not well.

• wasblind
    wasblind

One day at a time, Band, is all we can do

I hope you feel better real soon

• N.drew
    N.drew
    My born in Witness nonsense in my head is still so strong. I feel if I were only good enough or not me, it would not happen.

Please know that you ARE good enough and that the world is a much better place WITH YOU in it! [I believe I'm good enough, and you are better than me, I'm sure! :) ] So there you have it! Have you tried yoga? The Witnesses teach it lets in the Devil. I'm sure it doesn't! Peace.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Band on the Run, I am sorry that you are in so much pain. If you have a morphine pump it must be bad. I send you well wishes and am thinking of you. I like you and enjoy reading your post, you are full of passion when

you believe in something. I hope today is a better day and night for you.

Panhandle Girl.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Yes, it's difficult to get the WT teaching out of our minds. We know it's nothing you did and you have been good enough, life just brings us a lot of hard times we have to endure. If the morphine doesn't do it, try

dilaudid. I have never had it, but we use it on sickle cell patients and it helps them through their crisis. My husband had a dose of dilaudid once and told me it was the best medicine he had ever had. Hope you have a good day.

PanG.

• Ding
    Ding

I just wish you would send prayers or good wishes to help me cope better.

I am doing that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit