christmas puddings

by tornapart 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• tornapart
    tornapart

I'm sure Outlaw would pull some amazing image out of somewhere if he was around.. LOL!

• tornapart
    tornapart

well... would you believe it? hahahahaha

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

HAHAHAHAHAH THATS FAB! JUST BRIGHTENED UP MY MONDAY

(sorry for the bold, blooming migraine)

• tornapart
    tornapart

Thanks too for the laugh Pam's girl! Hope you get rid of that migraine!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Maybe that's why I'm "apostate" I've had too much turkey, ham and holiday confections.

• St George of England
    St George of England

These guys make the 1st Century Pharisees look like a bunch of amateurs.

George

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

I don't know if you have Spotted Dick in the USA but the people in my old congregation ate it all the year round.

I think the GBody will have to print a list of food to be aware of Ambrosier Rice Pudding might be off the menu isn't that an ancient mythology name of pagan origin.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

By the way spotted dick is served with custard in case you fancy any.

I remember when I was a teenager I bought some tiny silver charms which were placed inside the Christmas Pud. as a tradition and I was the only JW in our family when I sat down to eat it I kept expecting any minute to choke to death as a punishment from Jehovah . That was at least fifty years ago and I still love Christmas Pud. especially with brandy sauce.

• rebel8
    rebel8

In our last CA it was said from the platform that the GB has said we shouldn't buy food that is only produced at certain times of the year.

ROFL! Now Jehovah hates the entire produce section in the grocery store.

Matthew 21:19

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Tornapart: my comment wasn't directed at you. I've come to know you well enough from your posts here on JWN to know that you wouldn't shun family members. You ARE here after all!

But I was struck by the irony of what you quoted some in your congregation as saying that the GB went to far by saying what they could and couldn't eat and yet the average R&F JW WILL shun their family members.

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit