Lots of JWs out at tables this morning!

by AuntBee 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey panhandlegirl, I noticed you used the phrase back-call, you must be an "old-timer" like me, was raised in the cult I'm in my 50's now.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Table witnessing? With chairs to sit on while people walk by? That's interesting.

Well, the guys gave you a somewhat kinder response. The women however, were mean. I'm not sure about what she meant when she said the comment, "it doesn't count", or what context it was made.

You have to feel sorry for some that go out in FS and are missing some details about the faith. Yet, they still persevere dispite the questions.

• extractor
    extractor

"it doesn't count"

Yes, because obviously Jehovah is keeping detailed records of hours worked & tracts placed. That's what the Bible says.

Stupid cult.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Why do Jehovah's Witnesses preach from house to house ??

When Jesus sent out his disciples, he directed them to go house to house."________Reasoning book page 206 paragraph one

" While the churches, on not a few occassions, limit themselves to constructing their temples, ringing their bells to attract the people and to preaching inside their places of worship. [ The Witnesses ] follow the apostolic tactic of going from house to house."________Reasoning book page 206 paragraph two

WHY

" Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the entire bible is the inspired word of God, and instead of adhering to a creed based on human tradition, they hold to the bible as the standard for all thier beliefs."__________Reasoning book page 199 belief # 1

what bunk

• steve2
    steve2

Well, AuntBee, I take my hat off to you for your attempts to engage the witnesses in reasoned discussions.

The male JWs could "afford" to be gracious because they probably already "enjoy" significant power within their local congregation whereas female JWs have a thankless role in the organization.

About the sole place where female JWs exert any sort of power is in their field service and lo and behold! they found themselves having to answer your very well considered questions. And you weren't about to roll over like they expected you to. I'm sure the older female JW would be thinking "We ask the questions not you".

The mentality of this woman is kind of striking: She'll pray for you. You should've said:

"Honey, if you gotta pray for me, there just ain't no helpin' me - unless you're down on those old knees of yours for more than a day at least".

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

"The Table" can be used for any JW that will sign up for this blessing, most of your time is, uneventful sitting and "Texting", if possible bring one of your approved "table' sitting friends. Elder's will not allow the nutbags to work the "table", too much bad publicity at stake!

I know of one elderly couple who would sit for six hours in the local Mall, some days it was sitting and sitting and sitting, nobody to talk to. You are not allowed to bother people walking by, they must approach the "table" for discussion to begin. The two sisters who snapped at you "aunt bee" should have been screened better, they would be removed if their elders knew how unpleasant they behaved.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't know of a single publisher that was dealt with for acting rude to a non JW

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

wha happened: The JWs working malls, public passages with their table, will be chastised if someone rat's them out. Authorities have the right to ask them to leave, if their conduct is not pristine!

The Swap Meets, Bizzares, Flea Markets are popular "Table" locations, that require publishers to endure their persecution of question asking apostates. It is not rare, for our dubs to pick up their table and leave, when apostates are malingering around their "personal space". Run from the "mentally diseased class!" is recommened by high ups!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great work Auntbee

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey AuntBee!

I forgot to mention that in my 44 years of door knocking, no one ever took the time to explain kindly what might be wrong with the Watchtower, or to ask me powerful thought provoking questions. Many said they were not interested in religion. No one ever pointed out that Jesus was against religion and teaching religion (proselytising, Matt 23:15). No one ever mentioned that around ±29 ingredients of the ±30 ingredient gospel had been removed by Watchtower clergy in their teaching.

So, I think its great you take the time to reach out to these spiritually lost and blind ones. I really believe most R&F JWs are not Pharisees at heart but merely deceived by the ruling religious clergy class.

In case you do not have access to the electronic Watchtower library the articles are:

legalism - g79 6/8 pp. 27-28

"experiment that failed" - w80 5/1 pp. 5-8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit