Introduction / My story

by theBGB 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

"...elders and others made it a point to come over to me and say how much they've missed me..."

Ah yes, the WT "lovebombing"

reload

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

BGB, I wish I had been as smart as you, but No! I always wondered how the F/D slave knew everything God wanted us to do but never questioned them. I was practically an born-in. I was about 4 when we left the

Catholic Church for the"TRUTH." My younger brother was like you. He was df'd at the age of 17 in about 1962. The JC forced him to decide between his worldy friends and the organization. He chose his friends.

I admire your mother and the strength she showed leaving her life. It's a tough decision to make. I am happy to welcome you and to read your story. I am so encourged by the young people who are brave enough to

not get sucked into this organizatin even if they are born-ins. You all give me hope for the future.Glad to know you don't put up with the nonsense the organization is trying to make everyone enduree

• mrquik
    mrquik

Welcome BGB; I'm due south of you in NY. Love Toronto. Wish your story had a happier ending. Most everyone I knew for the last 50 yrs. acts as if I'm invisible. I've been out 5 yrs. , remarried & truly enjoy life. You sound like you're well on your way to fully utilize my credo: Live Well......Enjoy Life !!!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's nice to have another member of the Unwashed Class with us.

Cheers

Chris

• umadevi
    umadevi

welcome!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome BGB,I liked your novel,and glad you found this site

smiddy

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome aboard . . . enjoyed the intro.

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

Hi BGB. Good on you! Wished I'd kept pushing doubts I'd had as a JW kid - like the nephilim that were still in the 'promised land' post-flood, etc. The 'annointed class' - what a joke - aside from their 'other sheep/great crowd' garbage, the whole of Revelation symbolic, yet 144,000 literal? The whole deal, on and on is so screwed up.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Flossycat. Melbourne, Australia.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello BGB and welcome!

Loz x

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit