Introduction / My story

by theBGB 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

It is rare that someone can break free from such powerful mind control at such a young age. The force is strong with you young jedi. Only the dark side deals in absolutes so says Yoda. Maybe you had Yoda whispering that in your ears as a young boy. hehehe Welcome and much love to ya! Your right to find a girl outside the cult. I married a women I love to death in the cult but now I'm trapped trying to figure a way to break her mind ctrl to the cult before I cut and run. I'm in constant anguish so yea find a nice worldly girl with no sexual or mental hangups.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome aboard BGB!!

Nice to see you had the vision and guts to not waste your life.

Look forward to learning more of your story.

om

(p.s. You gonna let us know what BGB stands for?)

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

Welcome BGB! Always a pleasure to hear about someone coming to their senses.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome theBGB, glad you found the place, make yourself at home.

• theBGB
    theBGB

Wow it's been less than 12 hours since I posted and I have over a dozen responses already, thank you all for the warm welcome and for making me feel right at home.

@Chariklo: lol! SO CLOSE!!! You're first in my book bro. Also looking back yeah, that's obviously a sign of sexual abuse in children...I'd wished I'd known back then so I could tell someone, but by that point I'd already learned that my parents would completely ignore any issues I'd have with people in the cong and that most likely they'd flat out call me a liar and think that a "well-behaved" young man of the truth could ever do such a thing...and a nother abuse victim remains ignored.

@thecrushed: I know how rare it is for someone to not only realize the real truth about'the truth' let alone be able to get out with no regrets as young as I did, which is why I consider myself lucky (and literally the only way I think of myself as being lucky through being raised the way i was) And I love the SW references! I've always loved the SW movies and since SW:TOR came out I've been getting into the history and mythos more and more, reading the novels... SW actually helped me realize the hypocrisy of the cult pretty early on...I loved anything fasntasy based (LOTR, Forgotten Realms novels, D&D) which of course was seen as satanic, but a lot of 'brothers' I knew also loved SW, so when I asked why they were allowed to watch and enjoy SW while Jedi used 'supernatural' powers when they use the force, they tried to rationalize that it would be the equivalent of using 'God's holy spirit' LOL yeah right, they wished!!!! Further hypocrasy was revealed when I tried to compare to 'magic' in some fantasy as being explained EXACTLY how the force is explained in SW (A force of life that connects us all and flows through every living thing that only a few special one could learn how to manipulate) I probably got a decent beating for that one, but the end relization was the force was acceptable because it isnt referred to as 'magic' while anything that was reffered to as 'magic' was unavoidably undoubtably EVIL SATANIC MACHINATIONS CREATED TO STUMBLE THE FAITHFUL blablabla.

@Open mind: BGB is just a silly acronym i made for gaming back in the day and just kind of stuck, and has taken off to be a representation of myself more then any words originally used to make it. As far as anyone here is concerned theBGB stands for: Jordan (my name).

Pleased to meat you all.

• theBGB
    theBGB

Oh, and how can I go back and edit posts? It pisses me off to no end seeing spelling and gramatic errors in my own writing.

(obviously in my last post I meant to say "a well behaved young man in the truth could -never- act in such a way")

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

welcome. come for the enlightenment, stay for the JW jokes.

• steve2
    steve2

Hello BGB. Well done. You got backbone man and an attitude that has really helped you not only survive but thrive. There are so many points in your story that resonate with me. I realized at a young age the organization was utter crap, from top to the very bottom. I was baptized so my escape was torturous. I was extremely lucky that my immediate JW family were on the more lukewarm side but my extended JW family were extremely offended by my leaving and have not spoken to me since the mid-1980s. I've got on with my life and prospered. I let go of the victim mantle years and years ago. My life as a JW is like a distant memory, from another time and place. I'm still interested in what's going on inside - but from a reflective, considered point of view. I believe in living and let live. I have no interest in trying to prove anything to the witnesses. If they believe it's the truth then they should follow it to the letter, not dip their toe in and moan about how hard it is. You're either in or out. I acknowledge not all people can leave as completely as I have done. it must be difficult to have a spouse you love still in the religion - or children. I empathize with those kinds of entanglements. Thank goodness my family never made that big a deal about my leaving, despite efforts by the extended family and elders pressuring them. Both my JW parents are now deceased. They were the best and I loved them so much.

Yours is an inspiring story BGB. Long may you thrive. And keep that attitude, man, it's helped you prosper!

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

Thanks for the love! And Welcome. Born-in here too. It amazes me how someone can virtually introduce themselves and show love and understanding when my own mother cannot and will not. I'm getting teary-eyed again. Time for my prozac :)

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit