Prozac Use Among JWs, Bethelites, Circuit Overseers and District Overseers, What Gerritt Loesch Said

by Scott77 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

Wait on Jehovah and he will clear this up in due time...

I have family members who've waited on this guy their whole lives and he's done Diddly Squat for them. This organization is emotionally and psychologically abusive to its members. If you can never do enough and if you're never good enough no wonder people are depressed.

I asked 2 JW women who came to my door years ago "Why, if my Mom had such a wonderful hope in Jehovah, was she so miserable?"

You should have seen the looks on their faces.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...This religion is KILLING people. I know other religions probably have some doctrine that promotes human misery to the point of death but JW's are who we are taking about. I think that this thread proves that the GB is aware of the path od distructon their theology is causing. Great post!..."
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Yes, I agree, this site is important. In fact, Its been viewed 1120 times within ten days. I think, this says alot about gravity of this issue. The Watchtower cannot hide it in the closet.

Scott77

• james_woods
    james_woods

My question is a simple one: How did Gerrit Loesch KNOW that 40% of the circuit overseers and elders had to take Prozac?

Did they take a survey?

• sir82
    sir82
    How did Gerrit Loesch KNOW that 40% of the circuit overseers and elders had to take Prozac?
    Did they take a survey?

I don't know for sure of course, but I would guess he knows because COs are in "special fulltime service" and thus the WTS pays for their medical bills, including prescriptions.

I imagine they know exactly how many (and who) among the Bethelites, COs, DOs, and special pioneers are on Prozac or similar medication.

One would think that the alarmingly high rate of antidepressant use would tell them something about the unhealthy lifestyle they promote.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SCOTT:

Those are shocking statistics. I knew people there were depressed, but I never realized the extent.

My souvenir from my 20+ years with the JW religion is a case of OCD. I am grateful to be a "fader" and I do "manage" my condition. It is a minor annoyance but I must say that I didn't have it BEFORE I joined the religion. As a poster mentioned, all the cognitive dissonance and other fears can turn inward and manifest themselves as all sorts of ailments.

I do certainly believe the kooky beliefs and teachings are harmful or at the very least not conducive to mental peace. Since becoming a "fader" I am less depressed in general.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    My question is a simple one: How did Gerrit Loesch KNOW that 40% of the circuit overseers and elders had to take Prozac?

I suspect the Watchtower might know because it provides their health care coverage.

Those poor miserable people.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I don't know for sure of course, but I would guess he knows because COs are in "special fulltime service" and thus the WTS pays for their medical bills, including prescriptions.I imagine they know exactly how many (and who) among the Bethelites, COs, DOs, and special pioneers are on Prozac or similar medication.One would think that the alarmingly high rate of antidepressant use would tell them something about the unhealthy lifestyle they promote.

sir82

I think, that could be the possibilty. Does the Bethelites, COs, DOs, GBs and special pioneers have a single medical insurance? If that is the case, then at the end of the fiscal year, there might be an audit of expenses as well as possible major medical issues that mgiht be taking a sizeable chunk of Watchtower health premiums. Travel assignments, those boasting sessions of course would depend on a Jehovah's servant's health status. Did not Charles T died along the train ride? It could have been unexprected. The Watchtower leaders do not want to a repeat of that infamous accident. I do not want to speculate but that could be a possibility.

Scott77

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

stilla is right about many self-medicating with alcohol, usually at "moderate" levels to numb the pain.

And BTS is right about WT knowing their medical coverage. When I left bethel, I was on anti-depressants. I certainly wasn't alone. They kept several different kinds in stock in the Infirmary. They also had a psychologist in Bethel, Dr. Chitrakar. I saw him, but after he said I could feel comfortable telling him ANYTHING in complete confidence... unless it was something of a judicial nature, what was the point? I was depressed because I felt like I was wasting my life and trapped in a cult. He wasn't the solution, he was part of the problem.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

What a liability Billy this psycologist was really putting his license on the line. If you tol him something of a Judicial nature and he shared it that would be the basis for a slam dunk lawsuit. doctor patient priviledge.

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

They are excellent record-keepers and a stat machine. GB has authority to get whatever information they want about full-time servants. To those who put their life in society's hands, EVERY apsect of their life is divulged to them.

We had recently got high-speed internet right before I left bethel, brothers were saying there were getting questioned about "unsettling" search topics. Unsettling in WT world. So brothers couldn't even search the net without having actions recorded and questioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit