Got my Privileges Removed today, any advice?

by mrbunyrabit 102 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It really is a blessing for you to be removed. You now can consider what you believe and want to do without pressure. If you write a letter and try to remain a MS, it will be more difficult for you as you find out more about the religion and stop wanting to go preaching and converting others. The elders will be even harder on you if in a few months you have not made improvement after creating problems for them with a letter.

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

I hate being this confused.. But is true like you said.. Normal brother and all.

Oh some of the questions?

Well, i asked. So Are we allowed to take blood transfutions, obviously no. Oky, but we are allowed to take blood fractions, yes. Oky, so are we allowed to donate blood, no. Oky... So where do we get the blood from to get the bloodfractions from?

But i didnt even ask him / them the question, they just overheard me talking about that question to another brother, just wanting to hear their opinion, not meaning anything bad by it...

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

mmm... its interesting that you would say " creating problems for them with a letter." Why would it create problems for them with a letter? Dont they want you to improve, and become an elder one day?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Dont they want you to improve, and become an elder one day?

Actually, they want to control you. Humiliate you into submission. Enslave you to the Watchtower Corporation mindset.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Send a letter telling them that humility forces you to request they no longer keep you on the list as a Ministerial Servant.

Say that you've been overwhelmed by circumstances and feeling depressed about things.

Explain in few words that you appreciate their help and counsel but it's something you need to work on.

Thank them for their concern.

Then celebrate your freedom from slavery to a hierarchical system that denigrates individuality.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hey, no pussyfooting around. Tell them to piss off, and walk out the door singing "hallelujah!"

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

I dropped from 12, sometimes 15 a month to about 5 hours a month. We had an elder/MS meeting and when they dismissed the Servants, they asked me to stay over for a few minutes. They asked me about my situation and I told them whatever I told them.

The truth was that I was burnt out from all the responsibility. Meetings, personal study, parts, field service and I was just tired, but I didn't tell them that. I just said I had some overwhelming personal problems.

I told them I was going to step down, even though they really didn't want me to. The announcement was that I had been deleted.

Eventually, it lead to my inactivity.

Did it hurt? Yes.

Was it a relief? Yes.

Was I confused about how much of this belief system was still in my heart? Yes.

One of my friends in the congregation is an ex-elder and while he is still active, he feels that the burden of not having to "perform" month, after month, after month, is a great relief. No more 30 mins early, no more waiting for the last one to leave the hall to lock up, no more conducting the book study, meetings for field service. No more committees, no more nothing.

Wherever this leads you, will be wherever it leads you.

NightOwl

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I was a regular pioneer/MS and told them I wanted to step down and the conversation with the elders ended with me not going to anymore meetings.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Billy

Humiliate you into submission.

I had that. Not even baptised, and I was told "We are testing your submissiveness to us."

Well...here I am, reporting in to JWN!

Not very bright, are they?

• darth frosty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit