Jehovah, the God of Parking Lots

by 00DAD 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

BB, "No, them's just the perks."

Did he really say that? lol

I'm an atheist. I've been in the proverbial foxhole, and I didn't pray or anything of that ilk. There are atheist soldiers who have been in actual foxholes who will tell you the same.

Even if every atheist abandoned his beliefs at a moment of desperation, that provides no proof god exists.

• chichimama_2
    chichimama_2

I love everything about this thread!

Especially the following comments

Empty Inside "It's a shame we have to wait until the "new system" for starving children to be well fed and people dying of cancer to be cured. But, we just pray and find lost car keys and get the perfect parking spot ...

00DAD Well said! Pretty much ditto to what I wrote to BOTR.
    JDubs just don't seem to see how utterly ridiculous such thinking is.
    Why would God help you find your lost car keys--which YOU lost!--but not save the innocent victims of crime, war, famine or abuse?
    There's no good answer to that one!

The stories of how some JWs think are twisted, hilarious, & sad.

Even the title of this thread is priceless!

AKA Ranchette

• Aware!
    Aware!

Or how about when a JW wasn't given days off to go to the assembly and he or she quit his or her job? I've heard this one many times before. Then they would find a better job after a while that paid more.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Ahhh, you guys are just haters: he gives ME everything I ask for (but then again, I'm his FAVORITE...)

BTW, this thread answers a question asked about what the 144,000 in heaven actually do?

So aside from 24/7 choir practice and laundry duty (you didn't think those bloody robes were going to wash themselves clean in lamb's blood, did you?), it seems some of those angels are working as parking lot attendents, and personal assistants to elders (maybe the angelic version of Siri).

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Great thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit