Jehovah, the God of Parking Lots

by 00DAD 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

hey 00DAD, I knew a brother that was just as annoying. Everything was Jehovah is blessing me. I couldn't stomache the conversations anymore so I stopped taking his calls

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This brother was also 1st to call when he needed smoehting. I guess his hotline to Jah was busy or disconnected

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

this thread so annoyed me, it reminded me of a sister who was annointed. 00DAD, she went to Northridge cong. The congregation sponsered by lythium.

She was relating a story to a family friend of how the "spirit" helps her. She stated that she was running late to go see an R rated movie so she had to speed past the limit. She prayed and a parking space opened up. She was thankful because of the "spirit"

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I told my sister that God provides a used car to a pioneer in need but doesn't intervene when a sexually abused child begs him to stop the pain...

God answered my prayer and provided me a job the day after the company I worked for 27 years shut down my division but he didn't answer my prayer when I asked him to spare the life of my best friend who died from cancer...I would rather be on unemployed than without my friend!

By the way, that new job that was such a blessing from God is now turned into a trap from Satan since I am working all that overtime and missing all my meetings!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Hey everyone, thanks for your comments! Obviously, many of us have experienced lots and lots of "The Friends" having this goofy, illogical belief system regarding "blessings from Jah".

Band on the Run: I think of abused children, famine victims, all the Holocausts, 9/11 -Job. Why would God help me get a good buy on toilet tissue but others live the most horrid lives.

Good point. It just shows the complete incoherence of the theology of the average JW

EmptyInside: It's a shame we have to wait until the "new system" for starving children to be well fed and people dying of cancer to be cured. But, we just pray and find lost car keys and get the perfect parking spot ...

Well said! Pretty much ditto to what I wrote to BOTR. JDubs just don't seem to see how utterly ridiculous such thinking is. Why would God help you find your lost car keys--which YOU lost!--but not save the innocent victims of crime, war, famine or abuse? There's no good answer to that one!

Disillusioned Lost-Lamb: I love how Jayhoover's approval is only evident in the receival of small-fry blessings such as parking spaces, sales, punctuality, good hair days, getting the last ____ on the shelf, weather and so on, but when it comes to the big stuff he's silent and so are they.

I love the expression "small-fry blessings". Maybe that's all the power Jehovah has to bless. Maybe that's why Armageddon hasn't come, it's more than He can deliver. You want to find your lost car keys? He's on it! An end to world hunger, .... um, that's gonna' take a while!

moshe, you're too funny! Let's hope they're recycled and not just ending up in land fill. That ink is toxic you know!

Low-Key Lysmith, Kinda like when people are in life-threatening accidents. EMTs & surgeons work on them for hours, saving their lives. When they come to, they thank God for saving their lives. Credit should go to the doctors & EMTs, dontcha think?

That's the problem, most JWs DON'T THINK, at least not for themselves. The GB tells 'em what to think and so they do. So many will give credit to Jehovah when the credit goes to humans that are putting their lives on the line!

wha happened?: This brother was also 1st to call when he needed smoehting. I guess his hotline to Jah was busy or disconnected

Apparently he thought you were an angel of God put here to help answer his prayers.

wha happened?: it reminded me of a sister who was anointed. ... She was relating a story to a family friend of how the "spirit" helps her. She stated that she was running late to go see an R rated movie so she had to speed past the limit. She prayed and a parking space opened up.

An anointed sister speeding to get to an R rated movie prayed and got a parking space? Hmmm, must be a cousin of the brother I was talking about! Doesn't she know good, little Witnesses don't go to R rated movies and they never, ever break the law, particularly speeding! Tsk, tsk.

NVR2L8: I told my sister that God provides a used car to a pioneer in need but doesn't intervene when a sexually abused child begs him to stop the pain...

I'm noticing a trend here. This Jehovah God seems particularly occupied with motor vehicles: he provides cars for pioneers, helps them find their lost keys and get parking spaces. Let's them speed without getting tickets! Very interesting!!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The problem can come for such gullible, deluded believers in that kind of God, when something really bad happens to them, I know an old sister whose life went very well for her and her family for decades, she preached, she was smug about all the "blessings", scathing about those who did not do as much for Big J as she did, her "ministry" sustained her, she was "So sad" for those who encountered misfortune but did not have what she had, her "faith".

Then her husband became terminally ill, she went totally to pieces ! "Why is this happening to US?" she asked over and over, I could see the Bros. and Sisters that she had looked down on had it on the tips of their tonges to say "Shit happens ! even to you, did you think Big J would protect you from this and not other bros and Sis that have the same disease as your husband ?"

They live in the bubble of a fantasy world and cannot handle the real world.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Wouldn't you rather have a faithful wife than a good parking space at the post office?"

Looks like Jehovah was too busy finding parking lot spaces for this brother, that it allowed another man the opportunity to parallel park into his wife's parking lot.

Think About It

• donny
    donny

Hey, it works and I have irrefutable evidence. I was really constipated last week and after two days I said "God, why can I get rid of this constipation?" Shortly after the condition was relieved.

• donny
    donny

Hey, it works and I have irrefutable evidence. I was really constipated last week and after two days I said "God, why can I get rid of this constipation?" Shortly after the condition was relieved.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Donny 2 S**ts, or double post ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit