Jehovah, the God of Parking Lots

by 00DAD 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Think About It: Looks like Jehovah was too busy finding parking lot spaces for this brother, that it allowed another man the opportunity to parallel park into his wife's parking lot.

Cruelly ironic!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

LOL

great subject line, and good comments. I have to put this up on Net Soup.

thanks OODAD

you should have picked "hodad" a very cool 60's nickname. :-))

Randy

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

That used to drive me crazy too. Many people are out there doing all the "right" things but never get even the small blessings.

The other thing that put a burr under my saddle was when people would say that you suffer so you can be blessed like Job. Really! I'm sorry but if one of my children die then getting another one to "replace" them just won't work. There is no replacement for a human being - a child.

When I divorced my JW husband and the girls came to live with me, my ex married a woman with 2 daughters. My how god has belessed him for his faithfulness. Wonder what they were saying when he came home one day and caught her in his bed with another man.

I doubt there is anything we can do in this life that would cause god to "bless" us in any way. I think he is on vacation and just forget to come back.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

On a humorous note, has anyone read The Gospel of Bif, Jesus' Childhood Friend. It is not well written but parts of it are a hoot. Bif is his best friend from childhood. The angels bring him back to correct the canonical gospels. Jesus and he have all these childhood and teenage goofy adventures through the Holy Land. He recounts Jesus' ministry and how ineffective Jesus was, until they went to Tibet and Bif gave him some worldly insight. Jesus can't perform heavy duty miracles. He starts off raising dead mice. The first miracles on humans aren't really successful. Embarassing thing occurred.

Granted, it does not rank with The Last Temptation Christ but it has its place.

The Witnesses have Jesus according to Bif's gospel.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This always bugged me too but you really can't reason with someone who uses that logic so I just nod my head and smile... just like with a little kid.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Interesting thread. I've seen it a bunch of times.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

This is the only way God could possibly answer prayers for parking spaces and sunny days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0cG11lTS1E

I prayed for no commercials. Sorry, I'm not on Jehovah's list any more.

JV

• smiddy
    smiddy

My wife and I were close freinds with an elder and his wife , socially as well as spiritually,the EW was very confident, positive ,affluent,and could have been a model,she just presented herself so well.My wife was going d2d with her one day and EW went on about how they were blessed by jah for selling their house so she could go pioneering,my wife retorted something like" well it`s good for some while so and so in the congregation is going through such hard times" that comment did pull sister EW up,and she was carefull about boasting how they were blessed in future .

By the way she never did go full time pioneering

smiddy

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Only just been directed to this thread... I'm sure everyone can relate to this one - you have a JW over for lunch (or tea or dinner), and when you dish up, have to wait for them to say a (silent) prayer before eating. And while they're praying you're thinking to yourself ; 'hang on, it was ME who spent a fortune in Sainsburys - jostling the crowds and queueing at checkout. Then spent all afternoon slaving over a hot oven, and YOU'RE thanking GOD for the food? Hello?' Cripes, even when we ex-JWs do all the work, God STILL gets the credit..! Lol

• Heaven
    Heaven

Yeah, God really favours people paving paradise, putting up a parking lot so other people can get a spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bdMSCdw20&feature=related

BIG YELLOW TAXI - Joni Mitchell

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
    With a pink hotel, a boutique and a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you've got til it's gone

They took all the trees and put 'em in a tree museum
    And they charged all the people a dollar and a half just to see 'em

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now
    Give me spots on my apples but leave me the birds and the bees (please!)

Late last night the screen door slam
    And a big yellow taxi took away my old man away