Bro. Lett (Governing Body) borrowed illustration from an outspoken WT critic

by fugue 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

The Rolling Stones now share their credits for "Anybody Seen My Baby?" with k.d. lang, and in 2000, a court determined that The Rolling Stones had "improperly borrowed" two of Robert Johnson's songs, "Love in Vain" and "Stop Breakin' Down". Keith Richards was nonplussed: "There's only one song in the world," he said, "and Adam and Eve wrote it."

See link for whole article with this interesting comment:-

www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/when-it-comes-to-songwriting-theres-a-fine-line-between-inspiration-and-plagiarism-2021199.html

As for the Watchower, its their business is to steal ideas from Christian books and authors. And not just ancient authors either: Its surprising to read them quoting J.I. Packer (a Christian minister - last I heard he was in Vancover) author of "Knowing God" and lots more. They would criticise the rank and file for reading Christian stuff, but do it themselves. Of course, if the Rank and file read Christian books theywould quickly spot the plagiarism.

• bhunter
    bhunter

[quote] If anyone wants a copy of it I can put it up on sendspace. I downloaded it earlier anticpating that it might go offline. If someone wants to get it and put it up on youtube, even better.[/quote] Hello, do anyone know how to find this S. Lett's talk? We disscus about it on european jw-forums, but acually no one got it. Can you give me a weblink or information where to find it? If necessery please a message on PM.

• obarac
    obarac

This talk is removed from youtube . Could somebody PM me this talk. Tnx

• willyloman
    willyloman
    ...this tells me a lot about the way the Governing Body works. They lead their members to believe that they are receiving their information directly from God himself, via holy spirit. But in reality, they're just borrowing material...

Amen.

• VM44
    VM44

The Youtube video is now totally gone!

Why would someone put Lett's talk up on Youtube, and then remove it?

Was it embarrassing?

• VM44
    VM44

I would like to get a copy of that video!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Remember, these governing body guys are the finest specimens of the anointed, so superfine in fact that they have been chosen to represent the over 12,000 anointed in conducting the affairs of the organization. So don't be mocking this faithful brother just because he seems to be as dumb as a brick. That is merely Theocratic Warfare TM crafted to disarm opposers and apostates.

• VM44
    VM44

"If anyone wants a copy of it I can put it up on sendspace. I downloaded it earlier anticpating that it might go offline. If someone wants to get it and put it up on youtube, even better."

baltar447, may I request a copy of the video?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Those expressions brought back memories when I was in Bethel from 1996-2005.

• mP
    mP

Of course he did, all religions pretend to dislike and disapprove each other but they are all compatriots in the same business. Just take a look at the world congress of religions, where all the religious leaders discuss stuff and then hug and kiss. Even the supposed enemies the pope and Ayatollahs are friends. Pope John Paul II even kissed the Koran during a visit. When you realise they are basically the same thing with their own bells and whistles it becomes obvious why they the share many different things, with ideas or symbology being a small chunk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit