I'm not a camper. I don't see the point in pretending you are homeless

by wha happened? 141 Replies latest jw friends

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    Caming is only really good if you are in the middle of nowhere with all your buddies, a huge campfire, and plenty of beer. If it's not like that, it's not worth it....

And that too LOL..............

still good waking up alone in the woods with a fire and beer............... and no one LOL

must be Tuesday LOL

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well I'm a born and bred New Yorker so you can guess where I stand on camping out in the wilderness

I've been told that some campground do have some toilets set up but the stench is nauseating.

and another thing about camping, no place to plug in the TV, have no desire to stare at fellow campers till bedtime, wake up, then stare at them again.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah, I'm with you wha happened....a cabin at least, with running water and long drop....but even a long drop makes me go....

I had to use a long drop last weekend when we went to the beach....not nice. My partner keeps talking about camping there one night...

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

We had an outhouse and in the afternoon .................... yummmm!

Running water was the stream .................

power your car or batteries!!!!!!!!

TV?????????? no.

• designs
    designs

Shirely- At least you have Central Park to remind you of what a tree looks like

• Violia
    Violia

My hubby used to wonder why I hated camping when the kids were small. Easy, they always had vomiting and diarrhea from strange food and water. I spent all my time cleaning up after them. Why aren't you having fun , dear? Sounds like great fun, yeah? When they were about 5, old enough to not let him forget to fed them and old enough to tell him they felt sick , I let him and his camping buddy take over the camping.

I will take a hot bath and sleeping until noon the next day anytime.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Believe it or not Designs, there are plenty of trees in my neighborhood, I don't live in Manhattan where trees are scarce, except for Central Park I live in Queens, and actually grew up in a house with a backyard that had an apple tree !

• still thinking
    still thinking

The area I live in is zoned as urban bush....I can drive there and home again...why would I want to stay the night?

Yeah ShirleyW...that stench....there is just nothing like it.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL Viola....the LAST time I went 'camping' was actually in a caravan we borrowed....my son got vomiting and diarreha all over it. Oh the joy of camping with children...LOL

Of course we went back.....NOT

• irondork

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit