I'm not a camper. I don't see the point in pretending you are homeless

by wha happened? 141 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I used to camp alot as a kid. I was in cub scouts and boy scouts. Dad and I went to lot's of camping trips. As I got older, I definately lost my taste for it.

Nowadays I equate camping with pretending you're homeless. I don't see the point since I have a home. It's a small home, but it's a home. I have to have my bathroom in my home. None of this prison gang showers scene at camp sights will work for me. I went camping, reluctantly, with my ex a few times. I hated it

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

there is nothing like waking up to the smell of nature. Listening to the sounds of nature.... se@ under the stars.... just saying not a bad thing

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"The smell of nature". I'm afraid to ask

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

the trees, fresh air!!! not poop!

• Diest
    Diest

Homeless people are rarely in the woods at 10k feet. I am not sure what style of camping you did in the past. If it involved lots of crappy campsites with RV campers I dont blame you. If it was in the true wilderness, then I am not sure what you dont like.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

I'm with Found Sheep. Nothing like waking up in the morning to the smells, sights, and sounds of nature. Love camping near a river and listening to it all night. Hot coffee or cocoa in the morning. Or sitting up late at night with good friends sipping on some whiskey telling stories around a nice fire.

Geez... I want to go camping now!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The true wilderness? That has bad B Horror movie written all over it

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

when I was homeless in my car that wasn't fun camping

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

yeah, see that's the point. You aren't just pretending you are homeless, you are pretending you are homeless and you've suddenly found a lot of cool camping gear and everything is going to be alright. And then you get to go home to a hot shower and lo and behold, everything is all right.

• St George of England
    St George of England

As a kid we used to camp at Twickenham for the convention. Can you imagine rolling out of your sleeping bag and into a suit?

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit