I'm not a camper. I don't see the point in pretending you are homeless

by wha happened? 141 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

wha happened?: I hate celery as well.

OK, that's it. You've gone to far. Our friendship is definitely over! You're clearly an intolerant, vege-phobic bigot!

Next you'll probably say you hate Brussel sprouts too!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BTW, I ALWAYS bring my bagpipes with me when I camp just for the sheer pleasure of sharing their beautiful tones with others.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

bagpipes lol

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Not sure if I have already commented on this topic but. . .

Here's my rule for camping: If I am in a place of unparalleled natural beauty where there is no decent hotel (e.g. in the miiddle of rocky mtns) I would choose to camp. Otherwise, it's a hotel. Camping for the "fun" of camping is NOT fun.

Camping is the last resort, not a luxury resort!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

which leads back to my homeless comment.

• Glander
    Glander

Car camping usually means that you are fairly close to neighboring campers. Late night loud music and alcohol fueled hooting and hollering is a lot of fun, I suppose, but a real spoiler for the folks into the tranqullity. We once camped near a young couple that had very noisy sex. my wife was incensed and the little ones slept through it. That's the chances you take.

I have done the backpacking too. It is the purest form of "roughing it".

Low key, We take day trips up to the Deschutes river, Maupin, area. I love that high desert air.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "BTW, I ALWAYS bring my bagpipes with me when I camp just for the sheer pleasure of sharing their beautiful tones with others. ..." 00Dad

OOOOOH, I LOVEBAGPIPE MUSIC!!!

[cuddles up to 00Dad...]

You can come camp by me anytime, honey...!!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

BTW sport, This thread was really designed around a lake Tahoe trip, that some of us more socially equipped individuals

----------

Ummm...yeah..okay. And Just for the record - I wasn't concerned with you offending campers - but I have known people forced to live in tents because they were homeless - like I said, they KNOW the difference. Oh...and while I'm at it - say hi to Flipper and his wife - I'm not quite the socially retarded person you might think.....sammies(wife)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

sounds great, maybe i'll bring u up while chatting in Tahoe.............not

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Ziddy, I've never cuddled with a dragon before? Thanks for the invite!

Have bagpipes will cuddle!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit