What exactly is a relasionship with God?

by tootired2care 114 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Really? Go do it then...and let me know how you get on. Do you have some magical solution to make the whole world come together to do this for the needy? NO?

No, I don't. But I'm also not doing everything that I could be doing. Not even close. So I take responsibility and don't blame God when I'm not doing everything He or His Son said to do.

We both know that most everyone would have to come together... and with the muck up we've made of things to this point, that is not likely to happen. But some try. I believe the only one who will (not can, but will) set things right and end suffering for all is God. He knows the time that is best for all concerned, those who belong to Him and the innocent. And guarenteed, there are some who belong to Him and His Son who are asking Him to 'spare the city', like Abraham did, for the sake of the few righteous.

We might have little regard for our innocent with OUR actions, but God will not harm an innocent with His actions.

Maybe god has that ability then? And maybe not since he doesn't do anything about it. Apparently he prefers to sit back, let Satan have his way while innocent children pay the price....I have to admit...I have a bit of a problem with that....orrrrr...is satan a fairy story too?

Got ahead of myself. See above.

I would like to submit that he can't do anything to end the suffering in this world as long as there are also people who cause suffering. That would be all of us. So maybe we should just try to get our act together. And it isn't Satan having his way... its us having our way.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

James 2:15-17
    15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good [a] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
    Agreed. Which is why the argument that God should make things better on his own, when you have the ability to do so, but do not, is also kind of absurd, don't you think?

This type of argument never goes anywhere.

Believers say the above from James... it is our responsibility to care for our brothers and sisters, and our lack of caring that leads to what we have today. That is on us.

Non-believers also say that it is man's responsibility... but if there is a god, then the fault is no longer on us, its on him.

Seems like a way of passing the buck when the real responsibility IS on us, and we both agree with that to begin with.

Peace,

tammy

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

Can you be Gods friend at the same time Jesus says address him as father?

Would the relationship be better if a child viewed their parent as a friend too?

Abraham is the ONLY person God called friend right?

In looking at the definition of what a friend is ONLY GOD can reach out to be our friend?

• Heaven
    Heaven

What exactly is a relasionship with God?

One word... Delusion.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Why not feed the kid with manna?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit