The wonders of God's creation - Example 1, the tsetse fly

by jambon1 319 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

It's best to lean on logic and reason rather than booga booga.

Hmmm are you sure of that? I mean booga booga has its points sometime no?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Designs, prions is a fascinating subject. On the one hand, their prediction and discovery testifies to the brilliance of man. On the other hand, they exemplify the man's stupity, when he doesn't follow the manual. I specifically refer here to Jakob-Creuzfeldt Syndrome, which is inherited from mad cow disease. When animals (herbivores) are fed animals (or animal protein) you are looking for trouble, as the English Meat Industry had to find out the hard way. A subject worthy of its own thread.

Still thinking, as Sabs said, to choose from a god from all the godly pantheons, one needs a discerning eye and mind. When you see the blue screen of death on your computer, is it because of a faulty programmer, courtesy of Microsoft, or is it a case of shit happens. Interestingly, many astronomers “see” and believe in a god or superior being, whereas most biologists and geologist do not. Are they influenced by their subject matter?

Ziddina, time will tell. I believe things are coming to a head. If man is allowed to carry on, he will ruin the earth. If there is a God, now would be a good time to intervene. So, one way or the other, we are going to find out about it soon enough

At this stage, the best part of evolution, that makes hundred percent sense, is the Darwin Awards. That’s when you take yourself out of the human race by your stupidity. With your death you get a Darwin Award, i.e., for not reproducing and spreading your stupidity.

Who read Terry Pratchett’s Disc world novel, The Last Continent, set in Australia? I think it involved the wizard Rincewind. The god of evolution was busy developing the cockroach as his main project. This should appeal to evolutionist and creationist alike. And for those that are a little tense, to loosen up. Here's a summary:

The wizards soon encounter plants that rapidly evolve to suit their needs but (apart from Ponder) do not question the turn of events until a large dinosaur evolves into a chicken in front of their eyes. After finding a plant-based boat, the wizards start to question their surroundings even more and the god of Evolution, who has been causing the events, then turns up and helps explain things a bit. He created the boat plant so that the wizards would leave him in peace, as the plants are going haywire attempting to evolve to suit the wizards' every needs. The god doesn't understand the purpose of the seeds and is, it turns out, unaware of the concept of sexual reproduction. After Mrs. Whitlow explains it to him, the much excited god decides to almost completely redesign the creatures on the island in order to incorporate the idea. Ponder decides to stay to help the god while the wizards load up on provisions and leave. Ponder soon catches up with them, as he discovered that the God was fixated with beetles and built the cockroach as his primary project rather than humans. The wizards then reach Fourecks and meet the Creator of Fourecks (not of the Disc) in the process of creating it by way of impressionistic cave paintings. The wizards bicker over the Creator's technique and inadvertently create the duck-billed platypus. The Librarian meanwhile steals the Creator's bullroarer and spins it, causing the drought Rincewind is in the process of stopping. The wizards are then frozen in time for thousands of years by the stray magic left over from creating the continent.

• Diest
    Diest

I missed this thread and I know I am late to the party, but I love this video on Intelligent design. (the vid pokes holes in ID)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_G9awnDCmg

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Superb video

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Hmmm are you sure of that? I mean booga booga has its points sometime no?

Since you were not there, there is no reason to get into it. The atheist mind is specially tuned to explain away everything. 0.1% logic = 100% explanation. I fallacy I don't like dealing with.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Deist that video was halarious. I love NSC. The God of the Bible being called the first cause is pretty silly. But that doesn't mean that Moses didn't see a talking burning bush or that the Native Americans were not helped by their ancestors.

-Sab

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Interestingly, many astronomers “see” and believe in a god or superior being, whereas most biologists and geologist do not. Are they influenced by their subject matter?

Interesting statement, I have heard creationist and catholic Bishops say this, but have never seen any stats to validate it. Could you show me your evidence please.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

There's a book called God and the Astronomers by Robert Jastrow. In an interview with Christianity Today, Jastrow says: "Astronomers now find they have painted themselves into a corner because they have proven, by their own methods, that the world began abruptly in an act of creation to which you can trace the seeds of every star, every planet, every living thing in this cosmos and on the earth. And they have found that all this happened as a product of forces they cannot hope to discover. That there are what I or anyone would call supernatural forces at work is now, I think, a scientifically proven fact." Don't know whether that'll constitute as proof. Seems like I should rather have said: More astronomers belief in God than e.g., biologists and geologists.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Super natural spiritual creationism is an easy offering answer, where there is an abundance of ignorance of the world we live in.

Similar to the ignorance which is present today in are so called modern era.

It was thousands of years ago which can be referenced positively through the many ancient texts and archaeological evidence.

The question remains which idealogical concept has more value toward humanity in this present era of human history ?

Should we close the doors to all Universities and shut down scientific discovery, and let what happens to humanity toward god's planned

divine will as part of his creation ? There are a lot of religious organizations that hate Universities and are opposed to what is being taught there,

including the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• thetrueone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit