So what do your Jehovah's Witness friends and loved ones think of the generation teaching?

by garyneal 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

I doubt that. Generally speaking, anyway. It's more of a subconscious thing. Something deep inside is uncomfortable but they won't try to find the reason. And because they're lazy...or scared...or afraid to actually finding out the truth, they will not try to understand it. Instead they stick their head and the sand and hope for the best.

Yes, unfortunately. Most of the actual replies to the question by the practicing JWs is to deny they have heard of it, or say they don't understand it.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

wallsofjericho: I heard recently from a friend that a CO was assuring congregations that WE are in the second of 2 overlapping generations.

Of course this is second- or even third-hand info, but if your friend or the CO actually said it that way then it would further prove that they don't even understand their own ridiculous doctrines because: it is NOT "2 overlapping generations" it is supposedly only "One Generation" comprised of "two groups of anointed Christians" whose lives overlap, evidently.

Please keep in mind that there is a potential age difference of 99 years between these "two groups" of people in this alleged "One Generation." (See my Post 2282 of 2320 above if you need clarification).

So what the CO coulda/shoulda/woulda said is probably something more like,

"Brothers and sisters, let me be perfectly clear on this vitally important point: We are now living in the time of the second group of anointed Christians--the ones who will see the start of the great tribulation, and--whose lives overlapped with the first group of anointed ones that were alive when the sign of Jesus' invisible presence became evident in 1914."

Now isn't that simple? What's all the fuss and confusion about? Seriously!

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    So what the CO coulda/shoulda/woulda said is probably something more like,
    "Brothers and sisters, let me be perfectly clear on this vitally important point: We are now living in the time of the second group of anointed Christians--the ones who will see the start of the great tribulation, and--whose lives overlapped with the first group of anointed ones that were alive when the sign of Jesus' invisible presence became evident in 1914."

exactly.

even my friend (who totally worships the GB eventhough 2 years ago he literally asked me "what generation? what are you talking about?") said that his CO's statement could mean the new system TM could be yet 50 years away.

The irony of this is that the CO was trying to minimize thinking that the end could now be stretched far into the future, yet even the blindest dubbie I know saw through it. Yet he still said "the new system is probably only 50 years away at most"

:P

Coincidentally yesterdays watchtower stressed the "danger" of thinking too much. I don't think they need to worry about that too much is this guy's case

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WOJ: Coincidentally yesterdays watchtower stressed the "danger" of thinking too much. I don't think they need to worry about that too much is this guy's case

Hahahahaha, you made me laugh out loud!

Sadly, so many otherwise good, intelligent people are completely duped by this nonsense. I know I was for about 15 years .... Tragically funny in a cosmically ironic sorta' way.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I was told by family that it made more sense to them now, even though they didn't doubt the last teaching.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    I was told by family that it made more sense to them now, even though they didn't doubt the last teaching.

well just think how much more sense the NEXT generation teaching will make!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have no idea what they think. I've tried starting a few conversations about it but they go nowhere. Either they are not interested, they prefer not to think about it, or they don't trust me.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I havent seen a Witchtower Rag for ages.

WOJ:

Can you provide the quote from yesterdays "study" saying that thinking is dangerous?

HB

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Was just talking with wife/inlaws. . . My wife said how I had predicted this move a least a year ago. . . They joked about how I must be in tune with the GB. . . then my SIL said that I was just in tune with "how to cut costs."

So that is how it is being perceived by my family, not as the wonderous Internet helping thousands come to the truth, but as an excuse to cut costs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit