So what do your Jehovah's Witness friends and loved ones think of the generation teaching?

by garyneal 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"You're the only one making a big deal out of it."

Yeah, right! That's why the WTBTS has put a damage-control part regarding this teaching on so many recent assemblies, because just one person is making a big deal about it.

Typical cult manipulation and control tactic: Blame the followers for any misunderstanding, "It's your fault! Your weakness! Your lack of faith ...!"

• garyneal
    garyneal

They don't know everything and are trying to do what they are told to do

Is he saying that the GB was trying to do what they are told? That sounds pretty odd.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Gary, your wife is on the same channel as mine. She is terrified of just dying. She can't deal with the ambiguity of not having some sort of plan or answer.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WH, there is a certain zen attitude required to accept reality and uncertainty of life.

JWs think they have an answer for everything. The thought that they do NOT is terrifying for most JWs.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    Gary, your wife is on the same channel as mine. She is terrified of just dying. She can't deal with the ambiguity of not having some sort of plan or answer.

Would have to put my wife in the same boat, she states that she really wants to live forever on paradise earth, but the truth is a fear of dying and no plan for it.....and the WTS has given her this plan, though her prospects for living forever keep pushing out!

• Dagney
    Dagney

When I've brought up the overlapping definition, I get a groan and a look of embarrassment.

As well they should hanging on to that crap.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I really dont know how they put up with such non-sense.

I was just over a good friend of mines (best man in my wedding) and he STILL goes?!?

He is the only dub I deal with and he knows why I dont go. I pull up as he is getting home from field service...?!? IDK how he can waste his time with the bull and I asked him how? His reply wasn't that insightful and essentially indicated that he never expected much from the org so he did not have the high hopes I had...whatever that means.

Like I said he is the only dub I deal with and has been a good friend. I have resolved not to question or challenge his dub beliefs, since from what I can tell he doesn't believe and is just going thru the motions.

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

My Wife is furious about the changes since 1995. She told me recently, "If I wake up one morning after the year 2014 has ended, and if we are still here, and the world is continuing as it is now, I don't know what I will do!". My sister has been active and involved for decades. She isn't aware of the generation changes and doesn't really care. I asked her if she sleeps through the Watchtower studies with her eyes open, or has she had a lobotomy that nobody is aware of? My sister also believes that because of all the not-at-homes and diminished growth, that the Preaching work is over, and the WTS just has to realize it.

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

They don't. I brought it up with my mom once and she dismissed it. She didn't quite agree with it but covers it with the "imperfect men", "leave things in Jah's hands", blah, bla, blah...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

For the victims of thought reform, the details of doctrine don't matter. Even if this doctrine is clearly wrong, where else can they go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit