So what do your Jehovah's Witness friends and loved ones think of the generation teaching?

by garyneal 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garyneal
    garyneal

After the little skit at the last assembly where one brother was asking another for understanding about the generation teaching I thought, "Wow, these people will believe ANYTHING the Watchtower tells them." The 'more mature brother' practically said VERBATIM everything the Watchtower said as his explanation. Evidently, this is one of the sources of the increased 'murmuring' that the talked warned against.

So, has anyone brought this up to their witness friends and/or family? What is the response?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

It's an embarrassing subject, to say the least. The logic used to defend it.... is as illogical as it gets.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I asked my wife. She said "huh?"

• designs
    designs

Most of the JWs who were upset about the changing doctrine may have left after the 1995 change. That was probably the bigger flip.

• therevealer
    therevealer

I asked my brother/elder if he could explain it and he just emited an awkward laugh and said "you are the only one who even knows about it" as though he hasn't heard through the org. Simply a defense mechanism because he doesn't know what to say.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    I asked my wife. She said "huh?"

Classic!

I asked my wife this past Sunday and she had little to say on it. It must indeed be embarrasing as knowsnothing pointed out.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    I asked my brother/elder if he could explain it and he just emited an awkward laugh and said "you are the only one who even knows about it" as though he hasn't heard through the org. Simply a defense mechanism because he doesn't know what to say.

Yeah, I get responses similar to that too. Something like, "You're the only one making a big deal out of it."

• anezthy
    anezthy

Yeah, I get responses similar to that too. Something like, "You're the only one making a big deal out of it."

I would certainly say it's a big deal. It's a big difference from going to sell books on Saturday's or going to the beach, hiking or enjoying life instead of dedicating a life to a religion that's a big FRAUD!

• garyneal
    garyneal

My wife and I had a discussion about belief and God this past weekend and she said something that struck me. She said that if it was up to her, she would simply have her faith and live a good life sans religion. So I asked her why does she feel that she needs to go to the meetings and she responded, "Because I do not like the idea of dying, being buried under rocks, being drowned, or being killed by lava." Basically, she wants to ensure that she will survive Armageddon.

• baltar447
    baltar447

In a conversation with my dad when I brought it up, not even getting into specifics this was his answer:

ME: I feel like we are expected to swallow anything no matter how ridiculous. For example the latest generation explanation DAD: They don't know everything and are trying to do what they are told to do- don't think you can outsmart the Governing Body - i know I can't

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit