I Quit Preaching The "Door To Door and Tract Work" No Time For March 2012.

by Creep Side Congregation 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Creep Side Congregation
    Creep Side Congregation

Why I Have Stopped Preaching Door To Door, Inactive Now For March 2012!

I can't participate in the door to door ministry anymore, how can I guarantee my bible studies won't experience the "dark side"? Are we providing a spiritually safe environment for new believers, free of sex offenders, thieves, gossiping bitter old women and "rock throwing hypocrites"? We are not delivering the product we are selling in the Field Ministry, "the loving brother Jesus Christ spoke of, "we are not the "happiest people living on planet Earth.". Full of class distinctions, meaningless friendships, gatherings involved with heavy drinking, overeating, with plenty of bad gossip of "who is hurting financially or spiritually, which brother is putting his job ahead of his preaching work?"

The "Awake!" April 2012 edition, on page 21 reads "YOU ARE INVITED!"
    "Would you like to:
    1. Learn the truth about God?
    2. Become a better person?
    3. Find the best type of friends?"
    How will the youth become better people, if they are surrounded by depressed, bitter and judgmental tiny little men and women?
    JW trained teenagers lack basic social skills, lack the drive to greet new youths visiting the Kingdom Halls, making my preaching a joke! It's unethical to preach a message about a community that does not exist. Love, kindness, joy, peace and charity are provided to the "elect" members of this Hall.
    Sinking in Creep Side Congregation

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome.

When I joined this site I was still serving as an elder. I had seen the concept of true christian love and empathy give way to nepotism and hypocrisy. I saw an organisation that was managed not by the scriptures but by "policy files". I witnessed the most outrageous judgementalism that you can imagine. I knew the organisatiomn I had been brought up in and served for 42 years was just a sham. I couldn't keep up a pretense.

It sound like you are in a similar situation. You are embarking on a road that will lead to freedom, it will be quite a ride - enjoy!

• TOTH
    TOTH

Welcome to the forum!

I felt the same way for years. WHY am I doing this? Preaching about love and paradise and there was nothing but cold rules and judgments. I'm glad you see it too.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And the sacrifices for this rubbish. I thought Christianity was based on the principle that Jesus offered up a perfect, complete sacrifice to which nothing ever need be added. That said, why are they requiring additional sacrifice?

About the pedophiles: First, the witlesses are among the harshest against sex. They constantly make it look dirty. Children are taught to be ashamed of sex, and of their bodies. (All Christian religions shamefully do this rubbish, but the witlesses are among the worst.) This is bad enough, since they usually end up with sex hangups, often manifesting in one form of homosexuality (which cannot be blamed on endocrine poisoning, BPA's, or genetics but on bad teachings and environment). It also results in inhibitions in sex, which is at least as bad.

Once they brainwash the child that sex is filthy, the pedophile can do the damage. By forcing such child to do such a "dirty" deed, it creates confusion, shame, and guilt on the child. At this point, the child is silenced by the perpetrator, under disfellowshipping threat. Thus, the shame and guilt is kept in and it can result in a major health problem. This is NOT a child safe situation!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

Please read this book:

Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz

http://www.commentarypress.com/Detail/eng_crisis_e.html

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome CSC!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Nice to have you with us here CSC where freedom beckons.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Welcome CSC! Fasten your seatbelt.

It is a bait and switch. They offer direction, a loving worldwide family, and happiness. What they give is a pile of guilt, shame, obligation, false friends (and even family) and constant, oppressive struggle.

NC

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome, congratulations on your decision to stop the madness of your recruiting for WTS.

• breakfast of champions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit