I Quit Preaching The "Door To Door and Tract Work" No Time For March 2012.

by Creep Side Congregation 17 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Welcome CSC. You've known for some time that local kingdom halls are full of people who are at best just like people in other religions and at worst, hypocrites. Nothing's new wouldn't you say?

Lots of JWs I know realize their respective congregations are not the best, but they keep going along because what else can they do? I'm just wondering what the last straw was for you that led you to make a firm decision to stop the door to door work? For you is this mainly about people's behavior or doctrine or both? Tell us more!

• sabastious
    sabastious

Welcome CSC. I noticed this in your quote of the Awake:

"Would you like to: 3. Find the best type of friends?"
    find /find/
    Verb:
    Discover or perceive by chance or unexpectedly.

^ It's not honest of them to use the word "find" in such a context because of their internal theocratic policies. There is nothing left to chance at all, you are simply told that it's best to stop associating with non JW's entirely and they are eventually replaced with JW ones. I see why you are distancing yourself from these people:

^ Their recent literature seems to portray them as knee deep in their own delusions.

-Sab

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Welcome to the forum CSC

Yes most people feel the same way your feeling right now or have at one time with being involved with the JWS.

The WTS. was founded on pretentious lies and determination to sell and proliferate its published goods.

As its now known the gospel of the bible is not the same gospel that the WTS. is preaching, its perverted adulterated version

established for commercial reasons. Doctrines were created mostly out of commercial aspirations more than anything.

Yes friendships can be developed at Kingdom Halls through socialization but likewise so too at any church or place

of religious worship.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

"Would you like to:
    1. Learn the current, but ever-changing, truth about God?
    2. Become a better, less-educated, lower-income person?
    3. Find the best type of conditional and superficial friends?"

Fixed.

Welcome to the board!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome....what an opening post!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
  • seenitall
    seenitall

It is the "Invitation work", not Tract work. Anyway, I signed up for 30 hrs aux pio and didn't go out once and still turned in 26 hours.

The invitation was an embarassment, looks like a kid's comic. Folded in half, the back side is blank (much like the discussion at the talk). Note that this years does not even show the bread and wine on a table, but rather a comic of public talk (the special talk or similar). Even by not showing the bread and wine the number of partakers will go up close to a thousand (probably unreported to the general public or even published). The number attending will be down since it is a Thursday night. The number of aux pios will be down also.

Just wait, we have the grand privilege to distrube the invitation to the District Convention! What a joy!

If they wanted success - just mail everyone invitations to these events (non-profit mailing is nearly free). Then run a couple of public service ads in the media and billboards. I guarantee more people would notice and attend. Save the pubs, pios and others gas, worthless busy time. Next, encourage real help extended to helping people with fixing up houses, meals, community service (real Christian acts). The public would exclaim - "You people are real Christians".

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Instead of pushing those useless "invitations" upon people, why not actually do something good for the community for once?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit