So What Would You Do If You Won $550,000,000?

by Mary 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

OK, so the Mega Millions jackpot is at half a billion dollars. Well, it's not really. If you won and decided to take it in a lump sum, you automatically lose 40%, then there's state and federal taxes, so you'd actually get a 'meazly' $240,000,000.

What would you do if you won that kind of money? Other than donate a chunk to the World-Wide-Wit-lessing-Work.........

• Dagney
    Dagney

Sleep in.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I would make/build my own disney world (called cheech-world), and charge 1/2 as much as them!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

What, no option to play online? That's just dumb. They'd sell twice as many tickets easily if they did that. But i'm guessing it must be due to some law or another ...?

• Mary
    Mary

LOL @ DaCheech.........You'd have all theocratic rides right?

• Magi
    Magi

Lol. Maybe donate to the local kingdom hall? They could update the sound system to dolby digital with a kick ass subwoofer under the podium. Leather seats that reclined with cupholders. Replace the carpet that actually matched the color scheme of the chairs and walls. It would be one pimped out KH.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I would buy a 36,000 acre island in Brazil. Declare national sovereignety. Ban shirts for women, the internet, and phones as my first decree. Oh, make myself a nice crown to wear as well.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I would change my phone number and relocate.

Oh, and probably treat myself to some good whisky and a box of nice cigars on the first day.

Ooh, and Mrs. Zoiks would probably have some choice parting words for a certain JW employer who has a terrible reputation in the business community yet somehow was just appointed an elder. That would be fun.

• Magi
    Magi

Actually I'd spend most of it to get the rest of my family out of the org. And seeing that money wouldn't be an issue then, most of my schemes would probably work. >D

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'd set my close relatives 100 questions on the JW religion, critical thinking skills and terms, BITE model, etc etc and supply a required reading list including all our favourite books here and have 1,000,000 up for grabs each on completion. Nothing incentivises like cold hard cash to make someone get off their ass and do the research...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit