Things you did to pass the time at meetings/service/assemblies/conventions/memorials

by OneDayillBeFree 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• tinker
    tinker

1998 in Hawaii I picked up a Pidgin English Bible = Da Jesus Book. In the 'Last Days' of my attending the KingdomHell I used it to look up scriptures. Nobody ever thought it wrong because it is a Real Bible. In fact others would ask to pass it down to share. One time a Bro used it to comment from. HILARIOUS!

• tinker
  • Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

At conventions and assemblies, I got up and walked around... A LOT. I'd walk around for an entire session lol. My last DC, I listened to my iPod...lots of heathen music...

Or, as CBJ stated, SLEEP. What sucked was when I would snore and wake myself up...only to realize just 10 minutes had gone by *sigh*. Other times I'd sleep so soundly I'd start drooling lol.

Most times, if I wasn't walking or sleeping, I'd daydream. Just stare off into space and let my mind wander.

I remember a few times one sister tried playing matchmaker...apparently at one assembly, she had already spoken to the brother she had suggested to me because he then spent the entire time watching me *face palm*.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

really long poops.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Daydreaming a lot,doodling,reading ahead in the magazines,pretend I'm taking notes,when it's really my grocery list. And my favorite,hanging out in the ladies room. Of course,the best is when I realized it's just a waste of time,and hardly ever go now.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I usually think about a problem at work that needs solving, or some cool video game that i've been playing. I find that if I can force myself to comment, even though I hate to, the time does seem to pass much faster.

• TOTH
    TOTH

WOW! So many to remember. when i was little all I could do was be nudged or pinched for either sleeping or goofing with my brother. THANKFULLY my folks were not uber zealous and we had lots of time away from the hall. One time we were invited to the ca at the Civic Auditorium in Albuquerque. I think I was maybe 13 or14 years old. We went with an older couple who my folks met when they were first brought into the borg, and two of their boys. They were both older than we were by a couple of years and they HATED the borg so much! They smoked pot and cussed and were loads of fun!! So we broke away from our folks to go with the boys.

We ran around that huge auditorium making noise and having fun. An attendant tried to catch us...Good luck tubby! He managed to get some others to try and corral us but then we split up and ran in different directions! One of the other boys called him BALDY! And I said, yes! Go up you bald head! Like the Elisha story! LMAO!! We ran and my friend sang a song. BOIL! We're going to BOIL his head! Egghead Eghead run away! Oh man what fun! My little brother ran into the bathroom to hide but was seen. He was standing at the urinal when approached by an attendant. The attendant demanded that he give him our father's name. My brother said, "Skovinski." He tried to grab my brother but he ran out laughing at him.

Moments later we heard an announcement for brother Skovinski to go to the first aid station! LMAO!!!! Our name is NOT Skovinski! Is that even a real name I wonder....?

As I grew up most of high school was only attendending the memorial. Later on I ended up going again to help get the elders off my folks' back. I was baptized and spent most of my time TRYING to follow along. I did ok and was through no fault of my own being groomed to be a ms. I got the privelege of handling the sound which meant I could daydream about the sexy girl I eventually married. I also got to be an attendant and spent most of my time out of my seat either in back or watching the parking lot. I got lots of assembly duties too. WATCHING the food they were ilegally thawing in the open air at the COW PALACE. An all night job meant I could sleep in my pickup truck during the assembly. Gathering funds from the contribution boxes. It never occured to me to snatch any of those sexy green bills...What a doof I think to myself. nah, not really. I am pretty honest. THAT is why I left the borg, afterall.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I used to nap a lot. If I was feeling frisky, I would daydream about doing dirty forbidden things with Just Ron.

• crapola
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

I used to love being an attendant at the assemblies. That way I could wander around the whole day looking like I was on duty, when I was really just escaping a numb bum.

Once I no longer qualified to be an attendant (due to poor hours in field service) I used to sit there researching and writing information that later became my "apostate" website.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit