Things you did to pass the time at meetings/service/assemblies/conventions/memorials

by OneDayillBeFree 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

If you're of "the weaker sex" you either sleep or doodle because you don't get the luxury of doing anything else to pass the time at meat-ings. I use the excuse that my back hurts (which it usually does after sitting too long) and get up as much as possible.

Since I usually ride with, or take, my Mom to ass-em-bleeds and con-ventions screwing off is pretty hard to do. However when I was a kid my Mom always proudly let me "volunteer", so I would "help" with things like emergency clean up during sessions because the cleaning department was goof-off central.

The BEST EVER was one year when my Mom and I went to different con-ventions; I listened to my mp3 player, goofed off, got up (a lot), sat where I could sleep easily, parked strategically for an easy escape and got my shight together early so I could be outta there before the last echo of amen could bounce back.

This year we may have to go separate again and I'm hoping we do!

• biometrics
    biometrics

I think going to the toilet and having a stroll did it for me. The toilets must be the busiest place while the con-vention talks are on.

• garbonzo
    garbonzo

OMFG Mary, that was amazing. I was laughing so hard the entire time, LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit