Things you did to pass the time at meetings/service/assemblies/conventions/memorials

by OneDayillBeFree 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

I'm currently at the meeting again... I'm always in the back working the sound cause everyone else can't seem to work it and I'm mostly on my phone reading jwn or writing, or doodling or sometimes I just stare at the audience to see who's falling asleep or daydreaming.

Its really the only way I can still sit through these things.

But I remember getting the number of a girl I used to like at one district convention and we would text each other during the program and talk about how boring it was.

I also remember sneaking out of a circuit assembly and going to see a car show that was going on right next door. That was fun!

Once when I was around 14 the memorial was being held at a theater so me and an old friend who hated the Borg decided that we were gonna sneak out and watch a movie instead. Well, it got even crazier when we went behind the theater screen and to our amazement stumbled upon the table containing the unleavened bread and the wine.

My friend looked at me and smiled then said, "wanna go to heaven?" then I said "why not" then we each broke off a piece of the bread, ate it, stated how gross it was, then took a sip of the wine. After gagging for about a minute we then sneaked out for about 10 minutes and went to see one of the alien movies. My conscience bothered me for almost a year after that. Then I just stopped caring!

Wow! Now that I think about it, I was quite the lil rebel... Hehe

So that's how I have passed the time over the years at many endless lifeless pointless meetings and events of the watchtower.

What about you?? What did you do?

• baltar447
    baltar447

LOL at the bread and wine! Nice.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

If this were Family Feud...............

I have the Number one Answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOW ME SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I used to do microphones (started at about 10 years old) sound box (started doing that at 14). After being appointed an MS I was attendant, car park duty, give assignments and general elder stuff. I don't think I could have coped just listening for 2 hours.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I kept my revelation book with my doodles from my teenage years, I should scan some in.

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

@baltar447 it's really quite funny now that I look back on it! I can't believe I did all of that!

@Paralipomenon you should! I'd really like to see them! I have some crazy doodles on my bible teach book!

• Stealth
    Stealth

Growing up our DC were outdoors at the state fair grounds, most summers the state fair was going the same time of the DC. Spent alot of time riding rides and hanging out at the fair.

The horse stables were adjacent to the track where the DC was, sitting in that hot sun and fighting horse flys all day sucked big time.

• Diest
    Diest

Sleep, draw pictures....

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Visited the drinking fountain a lot.

Counted ceiling tiles.

Counted ripples in the curtains behind the podium.

Went over movies scene by scene in my head.

Ogled girls.

Wondered about the "Kingom Hall Time-Warp" and why 10 minutes spent doing something fun flew by in an instant, but 10 minutes-worth of meeting time felt like 10 hours. When I was really young, I honestly believed that time moved more slowly during metings because Joe Hoover wanted us to really take in all that was being said. I thought it was related to the "Sun, stand still!" parable in the Bible.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I worked for a lawyer, taking short-hand notes during his trials. So I practiced short-hand at all the meetings and assemblies.

I got down every word, word-for-word, which was handy when someone tried to deny that something was said from the platform.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit