IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

Where did rocks come from?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yeah, I can't go back to look and see who it was, and posting is rare from me nowdays anyway.

• still thinking
    still thinking

N.drew...a quick google search gave me this...hope it helps...

Glad you asked... Rocks comes from the Earth's crust. Most are formed out of magma and others are made out of organic sedimentary material. Erosion, volcanoes and movements of tectonic plates are the most common ways rocks from deep inside the Earth get to the surface. You can find more information here: http://www.wesleyan.edu/ctgeology/LISpro...

• N.drew
    N.drew

When I imagine all the many successful changes that occurred in evolution till now and match it to the time line, it doesn't fit. So the question remains why did evolution slow down? And why do we see so many bad changes? Why isn't everything evolving to a more sophisticated life form? I think that is what people mean when they ask about the great apes.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Glad you joined us ballistic....what are your thoughs on the question? Is God real?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Glad you asked...

Haha! OK. Where did lifeless solid matter come from?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Those are fantastic questions N.drew...and they deserve their own thread. Otherwise this will turn into an Evolution thread. And move far away from anyone saying how they know God is real.

Unless there is a specific point you are trying to convey that I have missed of course....I am all ears...

***I think when they ask questions like that it is because, like me, they had no idea***

• N.drew
    N.drew

My point is I do not have the imagination capability to believe that what we know isn't designed. To be designed needs a designer. I have been searching for the designer. I know a lot about The Designer. I love the Designer. I can not hate the Designer.

• still thinking
    still thinking

N.drew......So, you are saying you know there is a God because it takes imagination to believe there isn't one?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    you know there is a God because it takes imagination to believe there isn't one?

OK fair enough. I had not thought of it that way before.

I know there is God because I saw the need for God's power so I went looking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit