IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
  • still thinking
    still thinking

So flying High...you are on a cut and paste spree again...lol...I am a very visual person so this is not a bad thing.

Are all these things proof or evidence of a God?

They can all be explained by science and psychology can't they. Doesn't it come down to how WE CHOOSE to look at it?

Before science was able to explain all these wonderous things people had no other option than to believe a loving god created and gifted us all these abilities. But we have come a long way since then. We can explain all the beatiful things you are sharing...so how do you KNOW?

• still thinking
    still thinking

That was a good point N.drew...and a good read. But....we still see christianity as the basis of his hearing don't we?

Gandhi was, technically, a Hindu but often referred to himself as a Christian. He was deeply impacted by the words of Jesus in the Bible (often quoting from the Sermon on the Mount) and sought to follow them, but he very turned-off by modern Christianity in the West because it deviated so far from Jesus. He found that many so-called Christians were more interested in pushing the letter of Scripture than they were in actually living out what it says. This led him to say:

"To live the gospel is the most effective way; most effective in the beginning, in the middle and in the end. ...Not just preach but live the life according to the light.... If, therefore, you go on serving people and ask them also to serve, they would understand. But you quote instead John 3:16 and ask them to believe it and that has no appeal to me, and I am sure people will not understand it... the Gospel will be more powerful when practiced and preached."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Science and psychology are proof of God to millions.

I am posting these pictures, rather than typing out detailed descriptions of Dubliner Cheese or the magnetic bomb Ed Kowalczyk delivers when he merely appears on the screen. Now: why did I post them? There is thought behind my worded posts as well as the illustrated ones. Rather than me explain it all, rise to the challenge of solving the mystery behind my particular reasons. You asked: Is God real? How do YOU know? You didn't ask us to prove that God exists.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Flying High....So, as I asked earlier...this is how you know? But you didn't reply to that...you said you posted them to make me think.

I am not sure what the challenge is...I could just cut and past articles from science or phychology to explain the reasons you have posted. What is the mystery? Are you wanting me to read your mind?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am a spirit of the words of Jesus, rather than the letter of every Bible rule kind of person. I'm a universalist who deeply appreciates my Anglican roots.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    we still see christianity as the basis of his hearing don't we?

Truth exists whether or not there was a Bible written or whether or not the representation of God in Christ appeared.

So I will say that it was not the basis of Gandhi's believing that caused his hearing, but I don't know. I think it is possible that he heard the inner voice and then found Christ.

In other words, truth seekers will find Christ as long as they continue to look for truth.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I could just cut and past articles from science or phychology to explain the reasons you have posted.

As I said, for me, science and psychology are more proof of God's complexity. You don't have to read my mind.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thank you Flying High. I just googled universalist...so that I could understand what a universalist is. And from what I can gather they believe that there is an underlying truth in most, if not all religions.

Does that mean, that you believe in a truth not necessarily represented in Christianity but you still believe in Christ and a singular God? Or does appreciating your Anglican roots just mean it gave you a grounding in belief?

• still thinking
    still thinking

I wonder how it is that for some science disproves God and for others it helps to prove God?

Does it come back to us choosing what we want? Or is it that God touches our souls and we see everything from his perspective?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit