IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

jgnat...I am not sure if I received divine direction to escape my marriage...I always think of it as desperation and survival of the self, before the self was annihilated that got me out.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I made some other posts about other things. Try them. These are things that make me think. And even nod my head yes and say, "Hmmmm."

• still thinking
    still thinking

Sorry FlyingHigh...I did see all the posts and they are collectively making me go hmmmm, but I don't think they are making me go hmmmm the same way as they make you go hmmmmmm...so I think I am missing your point....is there a point?

• still thinking
    still thinking

tec..

The certainty is similar to being certain that you are hearing something from Christ and not yourself, but that could just be the similarity of being certain; of knowing. The knowing feeling is very similar

Yes, that was what I was referring to...the knowing, and how similar it felt. But I am still not sure how you know WHO you are hearing from *that is if you are*...you can be certain you are hearing...but can you be certain from whom? How can you be sure it is external and not internal? Ie..the self.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Palm, do you think that an individual believer might have previously done immense self-examination on some of the questions you ask?...tec

If I could continue with this question from Palmtree.....self examination is limited to what questions we ask of ourselves. So in a way we are all limited by what we ask ourselves arent we? I have drawn conclusions from things and later discovered I was completely wrong simply because I was not equiped with the right questions. They had never occured to me.

• still thinking
    still thinking

soft+gentle....I really like your I post. I have to admit it took me at least 10 times rereading it before I actually began to grasp what you were saying. So undertanding the I completely releases us from its control. We are releasing ourselves from our own restrictions. Is that correct? Or do I have that completely wrong?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Still Thinking, my posts are meant to make you think.

• still thinking
    still thinking

snare....your reasoning is so sound I have difficulty in disagreeing with you at all....but I have to ask. Is there not even a small part of you that FEELS that there might be something else? Or do you think it can and will all be eventually explained by science?

What do you think about the idea of KNOWING things that will occur. Do you think its possible? And if you do, do you think it is a connection to the universe in some way?

• still thinking
    still thinking

vanderhoven...this is how they often dress...and the broomstick usually gives them away...lol.

But I am reasonably sure you understand what I was referring to. It is the whole package. The language used, terminology, dress, opinions, beliefs expressed etc....all the things that lead us to form an impression of someone. As I said. I wonder how many people in your class also came to the same conclusion you did without some form of revelation.

Maybe it was God that spoke to you...I don't know...I am not you. But I am asking if you think it is reasonable to conclude that this is the only explantion for what occured?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "What do you think about the idea of KNOWING things that will occur. Do you think its possible? And if you do, do you think it is a connection to the universe in some way?..." Still Thinking, above

Heh....

When I left the JWs, I developed a mild form of "psychic" ability....

But when I analyzed the incidents in which I "knew" that something was going to happen, I realized that there always were warning signs, or patterns of behavior that I picked up on, that others apparently overlooked...

However, my ability to pick up on what past patterns of behavior predict about future actions is keen enough, that I've surprised my hubby - who's a terrible critic - enough times that he thinks I AM "psychic"...

Hee hee hee heeee!!

I've also learned - when my subconscious sees a problem that my conscious mind is too thick to pick up on, the base of my skull gets a 'tingling' feeling - right in the region of the medulla oblongata

Every time I've ignored that "tingling", it has been to my great sorrow... I've lost pets, treasured objects, and personal health, as a result of ignoring that 'tingle'...

I NEVER ignore it, anymore...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit