CRAZINESS!!! I'M BEING 'MARKED' FOR GOING TO COLLEGE!!!

by MsGrowingGirl20 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"I’ve been studying to be a Jehovah’s Witness, so I go to Kingdom Hall,” she told S2S Publisher Jamie Foster Brown."

DJEggnobb???

What is it about the grammar of Serena's statement that gives you the confidence to state that she is a baptised Jehovah's Witness????

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@djeggnog wrote:

In the cases of Venus Williams and her sister, Serena, such an event occurred, and so this alone should evince the fact that they are both baptized Witnesses.

@Black Sheep wrote:

You were the one claiming they were baptised. It's up to you to provide some evidence. Have you got dates? places? witnesses?

My understanding is that both of these women are Jehovah's Witnesses. This would mean that they have both been baptized. I was not a witness to the event of either Venus Williams' or Serena Williams' baptism, but if they are Jehovah's Witnesses, then this would mean that they were baptized as such. I am not willing to go beyond this statement.

Now if you have an interest in learning anything at all beyond what I have said to you here, if you want to know their baptismal dates and the city where each of these women were baptized, if for whatever reason you feel a need to validate whether they are, in fact, Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing, then you can take whatever steps you think will lead to the achievement of this goal. Is your interest in such things limited to Jehovah's Witnesses alone? Do you keep a journal of the baptismal dates of other people you don't personally know and the cities where these other people that you don't personally know were baptized in the Roman Catholic faith? in the Baptist faith? In the Methodist, Lutheran or Episcopalians faiths? I've never met anyone that has expressed an interest in recording such information for the people they know of any faith, and yet here you seem to have a rather odd preoccupation in knowing the baptismal-related information for people you don't know that were baptized as Jehovah's Witnesses, which makes me wonder why you would be interested in such information.

You aren't a stalker, are you, @Black Sheep?

@djeggnog

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    My understanding is that both of these women are Jehovah's Witnesses. This would mean that they have both been baptized. I was not a witness to the event of either Venus Williams' or Serena Williams' baptism, but if they are Jehovah's Witnesses, then this would mean that they were baptized as such.

Or they could be unbaptised Witnesses, of course.

I am not willing to go beyond this statement.

So what?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

BLACKSHEEP - if the society uses those pictures of the Williams sisters on their new site, it will be the greatest success in the history of the religion.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

wowww....someone has hi-jacked MY thread

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'll help get it back:

IGNORE IDIOTS. GO TO COLLEGE AND DON'T FEEL GUILTY/BAD ABOUT IT!!!!!

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

lolololol!!! thank you BOC!

• tec
    tec

I haven't read this whole thread. I just wanted to say, "Don't let them talk you out of going to college!"

There is no reason (scriptural or otherwise) to have a stand against college. College is just additional schooling, and I don't hear them telling people to drop out of regular school at the earliest legal age.

Peace,

tammy

• undercover
    undercover

remember... the WTS said in 1969 that a college career was worthless with the end so close.

I didn't go to college and now I'm staring retirement in the face... or I should say, retirement age. I ain't retiring. I'll be working till I die.

Don't make the mistake we made. Get that degree and put it to use. That has more promise than a pipe dream of living forever in a paradise.

• undercover
    undercover

There is no reason (scriptural or otherwise) to have a stand against college.

There is a controlling reason to take a stand against college. College enlightens. It opens minds. It explores. Control freaks, like the WTS, hate that. They hate knowledge. They hate independance and independant thought. Put fear of higher learning in the ignorant and keep them sucking on the teat of the WT.

It's deplorable, but it is the WT reasoning...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit