CRAZINESS!!! I'M BEING 'MARKED' FOR GOING TO COLLEGE!!!

by MsGrowingGirl20 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

WT procedure is to meet with the person first.

They would have had you be deleted as a reg. pioneer first,

then they would have had a "marking talk" about how the

GB/FDS reminds us how bad higher learning is.

If they haven't met with you I can't see how they've already

marked you.

• mrquik
    mrquik

I was removed as an elder from the congregation for not having a study with my 19 yr. old daughter. She was attending college at that time & made it abundantly clear she was not going to study. I told all this to the committee but the fact that she lived at home made it my personal problem. It came to a head when the CO visited & brought this up at the elders' meeting on Sunday afternoon. He wanted to take a vote. I told him not to bother, I'm resigning. That was the beginning of the end of my involvement in that religion. I later divorced & of course was kicked out. I still was considering reinstatement. Fortunately one guy on the DF committee really wanted to make an example of me. (Thanks Frank) That pissed me off enough to look elsewhere & here I am today. If you live long enough, life just gets funnier & funnier. Hang in there.

• AnneB
    AnneB

"Consider it all joy when you meet with varous trials..." because you'll see that "Marking" can work to your benefit. You'll get to see who your real friends (if any) are. You'll get to see who thinks for him- or herself, and who follows the leader mindlessly. You'll learn who the gossips are and who has access to "elder information", they'll be the ones spreading the rumors!

Marking is usually private, that is, not announced, so you won't be shamed. At worst someone will give a talk on your particular brand of deviance and then you'll be left to your own devices.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    They were both Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing as well as professional athletes.

What evidence have you got that either Venus or Serena were ever baptized, eggnog?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

MGG20,

Be prepared for a couple of elders to ask to speak with you to try to scare you into dropping. This would be an excellent opportunity for you to quit pioneering by being "removed." You'll be too busy with classes for all the JW nonsense anyway. Play your cards right, and you'll not only be able to dump pioneering, but you'll also be able to play the 'stumbled' card.

After you come out of this "meeting," tell everyone that you were marked and removed as a pioneer for enrolling in college. Don't play their "confidentiality game", where they try to gag you and make everyone think that you were removed because of smoking, sex, drunkenness, or something vile like that. Say that they predict that you will become some kind of 'worldly party slut.' Turn the "confidentiality game" in your favor and start the rumors before anyone else does. It worked for me.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Hi Girl20, try to remain calm. If you don't, it may cause you to get soooooooooooooo pissed off, you'll only be viewed as rebellious and get DF'd, which was is what happened to me.

If you've already made a firm choice to go to college, then that's that. If the elders approach you about anything, don't challenge or try to reason with them, you'll only get yourself in more trouble!. Just say ok, I understand and take your medicine. As I mentioned, your attitude and mindset can get you in trouble if you don't check it at the KH door.

You're not DF's, so some may still associate with you and others may not.

EDIT: Billy gave some awesome advice. Tell others why you are marked so they don't think it's due to gross sin or something and get all snobby with you!

EDIT: WHAT?! Good standing? The Williams sistas both date WORDLY guys! Rapper Common is one naughty boy, some of his lyrics to his songs are really sexually graphic. They just haven't been offically busted or outted.

I'm sorry......this sucks!!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I find this hilarious! I know of a WTBTS attorney who they sent to law school in the past 10 years. He practices soley for them. The GB should remove themselves from their positions for paying for his schooling. His initials are J. A., he and his wife travel all over the world for the WTBTS. He's also gone to parties at the UN.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"His initials are J. A."

And does his name rhyme with tames dandrik. Jeez, I can't believe I know/knew most all them nerds.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

MsGrowingGirl20-Do not be dissauded from going to college, those of us here, who forfeited it, would love to be able to go back and change our decisions. There are worse things than being marked, being stuck in poverty due to a lack of education, is one of them.

Best Wishes!!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Billy-it sure does. Does the moniker "Ken" mean anything to you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit