Will Jehovah himself kill me, or will Jesus, Satan, or someone else?

by InterestedOne 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I've heard people here say JW's believe that Jehovah will slaughter non-members of the JW religion when Armageddon comes any day now. Does the Watchtower teach that Jehovah himself will do the killing, or is it delegated to someone else like Jesus, Satan, angels, or humans killing each other? Who is the actual killer in the picture? Any WT references?

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Well, doesn't the Bible say it's Jesus and the angels who does it? Dunno what JWs believe about that, it was never very clear.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I want Jehober God to slay me. The God a small segment of Hebrews is fine with me.

• tec
    tec

Revelations states that the Word of God (Christ) will come with the armies of heaven and strike down the nations with the sword of his mouth. That is symbolic. I understand it to mean truth. "Struck down, defeated, killed by" truth.

The only other time that an entire nation is struck down is in the war at Armageddon, when armies are gathered together (deceived by) Satan to march against and surround the people who belong to God. Fire comes down from heaven and devours them... but this is to protect the people He has promised to protect.

No one gets killed unless they're going out to do harm and kill, themselves.

However, I do not know what the JW's believe.

Peace,

tammy

• Razziel
  • InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

LOL Razziel! So that's who does the killing.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I always expected to die at Armageddon in an earthquake.

Then there are those that get the fire and brimstone treatment of Sodom and Gomorrah.

For those that natural elements don't kill will probably get sorted by the angels. There is the story of 185,000 Assyrians that got done over by an angel in one night, so the dirty work probably goes to them.

• biometrics
    biometrics

During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

So you won't die, you'll just wish that you could ... kind of like when you're at the meetings.

• wokeup
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If Armageddon never comes time will get us all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit