Will Jehovah himself kill me, or will Jesus, Satan, or someone else?

by InterestedOne 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Most theologians believe that Jesus is Jehovah.

When mankind fell, the Father could no longer deal with mankind directly (or even through prophets). The premortal Jesus, known as Jehovah, appeared to prophets and gave them commandments. When he spoke as the Father, it was the divine investiture of authority placed in the Son that allowed him to speak as though he were the Father. At the end of the Millennium, most theologians believe, Jehovah will present the glorified Earth back to the Father.

The Gentile forces attacking Jerusalem during the battle of Armegeddon (see Ezekiel 38, Zechariah 12-14, and Revelation 11) will be destroyed by Jehovah when he returns. There will be survivors; however, those who perish will perish because of the glory of Christ. Man cannot see God without the protecting agent of the Holy Spirit, and it is the glory of the returning Christ that will destroy the wicked.

The Jews will see the wounds in Jesus' hands and they will say, "What are these wounds in thy hands...." And he will reply, according to Zechariah, "These are the wounds I received in the house of my friends." Then they will lament because they killed their Messiah, and they will mourn because they killed their king. Armegeddon will happen in the Middle East. It will not be a worldwide event, though "every eye" will see him. But the JWs give this all a "spiritual" interpretation. And on what authority?

Look at all the scriptures in the Old Testament talking about Jehovah coming to judge the Earth. Yet John 5:22 says that the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment to the Son. So if Jehovah judges the Earth and all in it, then Jehovah must be Christ. The JW Bible translators had to completely revise Zechariah because, guess what? Jehovah is the one who is pierced. Jehovah is the one who appears on the Mount of Olives with wounds in his hands and feet. Check out the other Bible translators and check it out.

So Jesus isn't going to "KILL" anyone. It will be his glory that will destroy the wicked. There will be many who never heard of Jesus who will be spared, and there will be many Muslims in countries "round about" Jerusalem who will be spared. But Zechariah says if the people in Egypt come not up to Jerusalem to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles, they will have droughts and other judgments.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I thought Bruce Willis was going to stop Armaggedon.

• talesin
    talesin

Behold, the deadly powers of the IPU, Jebooger's real angel of death ,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isV0qR-CKeQ

tal

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Jehovah will kill himself first, because he is frustrated at being ignored for thousands of years. He will ask Jesus to stab him, so he can be put out of his misery. Then the rest of us will die of boredom. That's the real meaning of Armageddon.

• glenster
    glenster

Current beliefs

Jehovah's Witnesses teach the imminent end of the current world
    society, or "system of things" by God's judgment, leading to deliverance for the
    saved. This judgment will begin with false religion, which they identify as the
    "harlot", Babylon the Great,[19][20] referred to in the Book of Revelation. They
    apply this designation to all other religions. They do not currently place their
    expectations on any specific date, but believe that various events will lead up
    to the end of this "system of things", culminating in Armageddon. Armageddon is
    understood to include the destruction of all earthly governments by God. After
    Armageddon, God will extend his heavenly kingdom to include earth.[21][22]

They believe that after Armageddon, based on scriptures such as John 5:28, 29,
    the dead will gradually be resurrected to a "day of judgment" lasting for a
    thousand years.[23] This judgment will be based on their actions after resurrec-
    tion, not on past deeds.[24] At the end of the thousand years a final test will
    take place when Satan is brought back to mislead perfect mankind.[25] The end
    result will be a fully tested, glorified human race.[26]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses#Current_beliefs

• still thinking
    still thinking
    There will be many who never heard of Jesus who will be spared

I like this idea...the best way to save people is not to tell anyone about Jesus then they don't have to go through their whole life wondering if they are good enough or going to be destroyed.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

glenster, thanks for that, except I'm not sure where that leaves me. I'm not a member of any religion, so not part of Babylon the Great, and I do not serve in any government role. Does that mean the Watchtower teaches I will survive Armageddon? I thought Jehovah, or someone doing the job for him, was going to kill me any day now because I am not a member of the JW religion.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sad to think that all the devoted Christians are going to get whacked because they weren't inside the Watchtower Corporation as one

of its sales Representatives.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

During Jehovah’s day, those who have been molded by the world and its evil spirit will display their true nature, even slaughtering one another. In fact, it could well be that the numerous forms of violent entertainment popular today are conditioning the minds of many for the time when each man’s hand “will actually come up against the hand of his companion.” (Zech. 14:13 ) T HE W ATCHTOWER— J ULY 15, 2010

S o there you go- It will be The day of The Zombies!

• TOTH
    TOTH

Jesus has a spiritual lawnmower and mows down all apostates, nay sayers, hyocrites, masturbators, and non jw's. Oh, jw masturbators and hypocrites survive because they are under the umbrella of the wt. If no for that NO jw's would be saved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit