Carrying a gun out in service

by Blind_Of_Lies 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

I think I was probably one of the only people who did this and I know if I had been caught I would have been DF’d because I wouldn’t have given an inch of ground on the subject… But I carried a handgun in my book back at all times. It was a small .45 that had its own little pocket that remained zipped closed. I was the only person who ever used my bag and it was with me at all times and we had no kids at that time. I had several reasons to do this, and I felt they were all good. Working rural territory, working hostile territory, working an Indian reservation where the Indians were not the nice kind, mean and frankly vicious dogs, lunatics, witness crazies… Frankly I carry a gun just about everywhere anyway so it was no great leap to carry one when I was going onto other people’s property to tell them they were going to die… it wasn’t a far leap lol.

Did anyone else do this?

• ssn587
    ssn587

I never carried a gun in srvice but i was never without at least 2 and sometimes 3 knives on me. now i have my CHL and i carry knife and at least two concealed semiautomatics.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Dang Blind, where were you when I was still in? I didn't carry a gun, but probably only because I never thought of it. We could have gone out and spent a day working rurals by shooting at tin cans.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

ffs..

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

First time I've ever heard of it.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Blind_Of_Lies,

I have photographs on my blog of Witnesses who carried firearms in field service, and used them. One of these Witnesses was convicted of murder. Watchtower’s attorney defended him. After he got out of prison he went straight to work at Bethel in the Watchtower printery!

The article is Jehovah’s Witnesses and Firearms – Overlooked History available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/02/jehovahs-witnesses-and-firearms.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

No. But like Blind_of_lies, I carried a glock23 .40 in my car towards the end. It'd with me at all times. It would be in my car at the KH and like the OP, I was sure I'd be DF'd if it were found on my person......... on their property

I had been robbed at a gas station and the guys gun jammed on him. This was after i complied to give him my wallet.

I then went to the nearest gandermountain and purchased my current pistol. The houston area has turned into the wild wild west. Don't get me wrong....nice city,but IMO any citizen in the city and surrounding areas would do well to be armed.

Nowadays two pairs of knuckles sadly may not save you. Especially in the 5-10 minutes it takes the police to get to you if you're being robbed at gunpoint.

Now I keep it with me like my wallet or ID. Bad people are always looking for a victim. I don't want to be one.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

let me hazard a guess here but, those with guns, you wouldn't all be American, would you? Feels like a fucking Michael Connolly book here. Give it up ffs.

People with guns in their cars here in the UK get the jail. knives and guns for christ sake, grow a pair of baws.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

... knives and guns for christ sake, grow a pair of baws.

Two guys with knives approaching you and your family in the middle-of-nowhere national park. You want my Glock over your baws? Remember. Your wife and two daughters don't have baws.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Marvin, let's not get into a gun conversation here, nowhere in the world is it as acceptable to swing a gun as it is in America. Try walking about some of the shit holes here.

Actually, how stupid am i? Maybe we should all just walk about with saw off's and make the world a better place. I'm not some some kind of arsehole you need to talk down to, I'm well aware woman and young girls don't have balls.

I, as a 16 year old boy was cornered with a sword at my throat, I didn't hunt them down with an Uzi because of that. Honestly, can you's hear yourselves? Am I the only one here who thinks talking about walking around with guns in their book bags is crazy? I'm happy to back down on this if the majority of folk here think it's fine to go with their, ahem, Glock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit