Why I Hate Religion

by Christ Alone 136 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    ChristAlone: You switched the quotes from Brother Dan and applied them to me. Namely the part about being from Arizona.

That's true! I accidentally swapped the two handles when comparing that last set of quotes. I apologize for the switch and have noted the error on my thread but the similarities are still exactly the same:

BrotherDan: I met my wife and moved to AZ. She is a JW, but not a very strong one in the usual standards. She believes it with all of her heart and will listen to NOTHING critical of it. We had 2 kids [sons] and I held on for as long as I could. I always knew something wasn't quite right with this organization. I hated calling ALL other people "worldly" and "goats" and speaking as if we were so much better than everyone else. ....About a year and a half ago I stumbled on Crises of Conscience. It rocked my entire world.

ChristAlone: I eventually got married, shoved the doubts down and tried to be a "good" JW. Just as my wife was pregnant with my 2nd son I came across Crises of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Namely the part about being from Arizona

As BrotherDan, you told us you were originally from California and had moved to Arizona. It's not unreasonable to suspect you moved back to CA.

Also, you still haven't answered my question as to why you edited your 9th post to remove the "dirty" adjective where you say your wife called you an apostate. That is very BrotherDan-like of you.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bro. Dan or not - I still say you need to be turned to the dark side! All this Jebuz Christ BS is quite nauseating.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Darkness is defined in Christianity as lack of understanding or unwillingness to understand the things of God.

And that lack of understanding, lets call it a "sickness", has certain "symptoms." Without a logical catalog of those behaviours there is no reason to bring up the "things of God" without first fully understanding what is not of God. Darkness is classified by those behaviours as interpreted by us.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yes, good works go a long way in letting light shine, however.

Good works are only deemed good when presented next to bad so morality is subjective to us. You define darkness as unwillingness to submit to Christ. That sounds like my old teachers to me. Darkness to them was an unwillingness to submit to the Watchtower, but they called it Christ and Jehovah. ChristAlone, why did God choose Noah to survive the flood?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Also, you still haven't answered my question as to why you edited your 9th post to remove the "dirty" adjective where you say your wife called you an apostate. That is very BrotherDan-like of you.

Fundamental Christian's are notorious for covering their own tracts.

-Sab

• Fernando

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit