Why I Hate Religion

by Christ Alone 136 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

dm6- Point is CA in addition to describing his marital problems decided to proselytize to us. Fair Game after that opening salvo.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Theres a lot of threads about athiesm etc, but when someone posts a thread on faith, everyone seems to quote tit for tat parts and directly attack him?

If it bothers you that much why not just leave the thread alone to the people who do want to read it? this could have been a good discussion for people who still have faith, but seems like any post nowadays thats regarding faith or religion, all the athiests come out the woodworks and fuck the thread up.

As James Woods rightly pointed out, the guy came off as preaching his particular brand of faith. Most of us here have been there, done that, and if you are going to waste our time with Youtube videos that are supposedly so awesome, you are going to have to show us something good, not just some quasi-hip hopper.

• Sulla
    Sulla

All the cool kids here are atheists. If you'd like to be cool, it is simple: read that Dawkins book and conclude that he is the shit, baby! It helps to adopt a lefty political viewpoint.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Is this board meant for athiests only? I dont get it lately?
    Theres a lot of threads about athiesm etc, but when someone posts a thread on faith, everyone seems to quote tit for tat parts and directly attack him?
    If it bothers you that much why not just leave the thread alone to the people who do want to read it? this could have been a good discussion for people who still have faith, but seems like any post nowadays thats regarding faith or religion, all the athiests come out the woodworks and fuck the thread up.

It has been this way for a long time, dm6. Believers can't really discuss a belief-related topic (like Bible interpretation, or theology, and so on) among themselves here without the nonbelievers coming in and derailing a discussion. I don't bother starting threads on belief-related topics for that very reason. The noise to signal ratio is too high, and you'll basically be called an idiot in a myriad of ways for the trouble (some subtle, some blatant).

Other boards have respective subforums for believers and nonbelievers to discuss among themselves, and subforums for them to discuss the points of contention between the two groups.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

All the cool kids here are atheists.

• james_woods
    james_woods

For what it is worth, I did not intend any generalized anti-religion message here. I was just questioning the propriety of coming in with all the Jesus guns blazing without so much as a "Hi, my name is Dick/or/Harry".

- And, this was done on a couple of other threads where people were posting about serious relationship issues - hardly a good place for such.

Also, for what it is worth p.deux - does anybody else think that possibly SBC has something with the very great similarity to the Brother Dan post?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    All the cool kids here are atheists.

Whereas all the smart kids have a pope, right?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

There is a Godwin's Law here. On any thread dealing with religious themes, the odds of an argument with atheists rapidly approaches 1. It always happens before the end of the first page. I suspect most X-JWs are believers in some fashion, but you'd never know it here. This is not a place where believers can have a discussion. It is very hostile.

• james_woods
    james_woods

BTS, I understand what you are saying there. I have posted before to decry the "athiest hates religion" sentiment here.

BUT - in this case: Believe me, I would have posted the same concerns if he had blown in here preaching Dawkins, the John Birch Society, or Karl Marx.

• dm6
    dm6
    and you'll basically be called an idiot in a myriad of ways for the trouble (some subtle, some blatant).
    but you'd never know it here. This is not a place where believers can have a discussion. It is very hostile.

Well shit, your both of you right there.

I guess this isn't the friendly forums i once thought it was? I have been out of here for quite some months and only posted these last few days.

Sizemik, Ding, alleymom, timmy, mouthy and many others, just wanna say thanks for all your help you gave me in the past! It did help me a lot.

This has changed for the worst,

dm6 out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit