Why I Hate Religion

by Christ Alone 136 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tornapart
    tornapart

Is this to say all those that go to church are not true christians?

Not ALL who go to church are true christians but obviously some are. It is the organisations themselves that are damaging.

• designs
    designs

'it is impossible for those in darkness to understand the light'. The New Testament is simple really just full of inaccuracies and duplicitous threats.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

EDIT: nevermind

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It is impossible for those in darkness to understand the light.

Darkness in Christianity is defined by deeds. Christ acts as a beacon that you must choose to move towards. Which is why the separation of the sheep and goats takes place because the ones who have evil deeds want to remain in the darkness where they can continue to be undetected. That's why the Dark One is allegorized as a Lion in the Bible. Lions are nocturnal hunters which is why homo sapiens are not their prey. The eye of the cat is specially evolved for the night which gives them an edge over prey like antelope who do not have the same advantage. Humans have to seek the darkness to become prey of the lion.

One way you can determine Good from Evil is to examine what the person or group is willing to put up with. People OF darkness don't have a problem deaing WITH darkness. There are people jaded enough to not care about the high risk required to deal in illegal wares. There are people on this planet who think that sex trafficking is a good way to generate a savings fund for a business. A person who would chose that is not only IN darkness, but dealing WITH darkness. That person doesn't want the beacon to be shun on them because their evil deeds will be exposed.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

-Sab

• zoiks
    zoiks

SBC-

EDIT: nevermind

Hehehe.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

But when you come out of darkness in accepting Jesus as your personal savior then the Holy Spirit Himself begins to teach you.

Savior from what?

PS - Nancy, I never thought you were Alice either. You're the good kind of crazy.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Dan Christ, why did you originally write IN THIS THREAD that your wife began calling you a "dirty apostate" but then change it to just "apostate"? (Google has a great memory.) BroDan used to say his wife would harshly refer to him as a dirty or filthy apostate, too.

My, the coincidences are astounding.

Christ: Also, Sweet Baby Cheezits misquoted me on his "Welcome back Brother Dan" thread.

Again, wherefore? I'll go back and note it in the thread so there's no misunderstanding.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I think the part I had trouble with in Catholicism, which is the religion I was raised in, was Father Garvey trying to fuck all us alter boys in the ass.
    I could be wrong . . . wha

I think you can be forgiven for the self-doubt wha . . . but whenever you say that, you're usually right.

But the JW's fuck children . . . so why pick on the Catholics? . . . right sulla?

• N.drew
    N.drew

You're the good kind of crazy.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Sweet Baby Cheesits: You switched the quotes from Brother Dan and applied them to me. Namely the part about being from Arizona. No big deal. If you want to keep calling me Brother Dan, that is fine. Maybe we will meet someday and I will prove it to you. Whatever. No biggie.

Also, Sabastious said:

Darkness in Christianity is defined by deeds.

That's not true at all. Darkness is defined in Christianity as lack of understanding or unwillingness to understand the things of God. That is why Jesus told us that we are to be like a city on a hill. We let our light shine (our understanding of him). Yes, good works go a long way in letting light shine, however. But when Jesus and Paul talk about Light vs Darkness, they are talking about those that understand and are willing to submit to Jesus, and those that are not. See Romans 1 for Pauls talk about those that refuse to believe in God even though it has been made obvious to them that He exists. I find it interesting, because those that don't believe in God get really viscious and insulting. Almost as if they feel like they have to be insulting to quelch their own feelings. Just my opinion.

Also, this Brother dan seems to have made an impact. Like I said, I really don't mind if you think we are the same. It's funny to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit